This lecture is intended for would-be working comics. It'll take you from nothing to your first five-minute club set and beyond. There isn't much here about joke setups, common storytelling techniques, or what comprises humor. It's all about the nuts and bolts of performance.
* How to structure your day to engender creativity
* What employers are looking for when scouting acts
* Basic terminology like 'set list' and 'callbacks'
* Note-taking techniques
* Things not to do, like rehearsing into a mirror
* A precise breakdown and order for a five-minute routine
* How a comedy club works
* Things to expect, like a mic stand at the wrong height… Read more