Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 24, 1998
This was my textbook in my undergrad and which I cherish having around me. Gives a comprehensive treatment of kinematics uptill the level demanded for a practising mechanical engineer.
on March 5, 2016
Bought this for an engineering class and I would not recommend this book. The book describes basic theory but does not teach the reader how to solve useful problems. I would suggest using the internet to find other more useful resources.
on November 14, 2014
If you're buying this book to teach yourself design of machines and mechanisms, you should find another book. I got this book because it was required for a class I'm taking. The book does absolutely nothing to teach me what I need to know, and I've had to resort to other sources on the internet.
on December 4, 2005
When it came to the other sections of the book, it seemed to lack much information. a prime example is in the gears section. if you did not read the book in chronological order, you would not understand later chapters. example if you were interested in worm gears, and you didn't read the spur gears section you would be completely lost. For this reason i would say it does not make a good book for reference as it may not be clear if you will need to do some hunting later.

Beyond the kinematics i would recommend RL Norton's book for machine designing.
on December 22, 2015
Bought this textbook for an undergrad mechanical engineering class. The textbook did an ok job at explaining things but definitely required time to soak in.
on September 29, 2015
This book is kinda hard to follow, but it was the required text for my class.
on May 2, 2016
Great!
Thanks!
on September 20, 2012
This text is pretty much pointless to own. All it does is derive equations that make things more complicated than they need to be. I haven't found it helpfull at all with my class. My old Dynamics book is much better at explaining things and the stuff in the first three chapters of this book is basically stuff already learned in Dynamics but made 10 times more complicated.
on May 31, 2010
This book will be very useful to prepare my classes in the undergraduate program about Mechanisms that I am the teacher.
Another book very important in this area isMechanisms and Dynamics of Machinery
on March 9, 2014
It hasn't fallen apart yet. It's not a page turner, but it has nice examples. It has a handy table in the back for quick reference. It's okay I guess.