Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2012
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 20, 2013
I love this drug book. Unlike other "pocket" drug books, this one actually does fit in your scrubs. It has most of the drugs that you will see in the hospital, minus of course new trials, etc. Also your ok with a drug book even if it is a year or two out of date. Dont go under a 2010. I have been able to find most drugs in this one. It also gives the contraindications and recommended dosages, side effects and ofcourse the therapeutic effects, etc. I use it whenever I am at clinical. Especially when you know your professor is going to ask you about the drug you are giving,( intended use and side effects before administering to a patient.) Hope this helps
on February 7, 2012
This is a Nurse's Drug Guide for the seasoned nurse on the front-line, not for the novice. So far as I have seen, it is quite up to date and accurate. The nursing "shorthand" takes a bit of getting used to when one has been accustomed to "hyper" and "hypo" being written out in other, less concise drug guides.
on April 22, 2012
It's a perfect size for scrub pockets for clinical. It's also good as study companion when studying for nursing clases.
on October 31, 2012
It's a tiny book, but it has a good amount of common medications. It lists medications by their generic name, (so you better know that name) as opposed to the trade name. It also has a section on drug classes; drug groupings by problem (ex: wound care); and common medical abbreviations. It isn't bulky and you can keep it in your pocket. For my own use, I broke the binding about halfway through and keep it in my storage-clipboard at the hospital so I always have it on me. I use it everyday.
on January 20, 2012
One of the main things I wanted was pictures of the drugs - which this tiny book doesn't have. Also - the print is so small it is hard on my58 year old eyes. But other than that- It is perfect for "pocket" nursing - quick reference.
on November 13, 2013
I'm really impressed with this little pocket drug guide. It uses abbreviations to pack a lot of information into a little amount of space. The abbreviations are listed in the front of the book and the more you use this book the easier it gets. All the need to know information seems to be listed including the most common trade names and even common unlabeled uses as well as side effects, doses, interactions, and labs.

I looked up dopamine to just try one drug to check it out and the first thing it tells me is the trade name (Intropin), that it is a vesicant and "give phentolamine w/extrav" it goes on to give all the info you'd expect, want, and need.

This book easily fits in a scrub pocket and a few index cards with other information needed can be tucked inside the front cover (3" x 5" fits perfectly). I wanted to buy 2013 edition but none is listed. A 2014 edition is on amazon but not printed yet - available for pre-order.

FYI I bought the 2014 Lippincott's drug guide and returned it for this one - yes it's that good!
on May 9, 2012
This is worth every penny when it comes to a drug guide in your scrub pocket. There is a lot of information crammed into a small binder.

There are numerous occasions where I have to go back to the 'real' drug book for additional information. For that reason, i give it 4 stars. I don't regret the purchase and highly recommend it to both nurses and students.
on June 8, 2013
I love the "Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide" in the original format. It's easy to use, and is a great quick reference. Unfortunately the Kindle version is nowhere near as easy to use. It's slow and cumbersome. I would buy this again in paperback, but not for Kindle.
on June 16, 2014
I was teaching a medication administration class @ the time.

I found the book not complete enough for my students to use - not all the drugs the students were seeing & the side-effect lists were incomplete.

Sorry.
on April 5, 2012
im in nursing school and this is so much better than the full size book and it condenses it perfectly :)