Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 25, 2008
This is the first review I have ever written, so that is saying something about this book. I agree with the other reviewers that this book is disorganized - the layout is unappealing and confusing. Some vocabulary words are presented with only a picture, which I guess is to help one visualize the meaning of the word, which is fine, except with some pictures it is almost impossible to figure out what the word means. Case and point is on the page(p.50) where the book is introducing words to describe family members and relatives. The book presents the word for cousin with only a picture of a boy and girl with a dog, with the only clue to figure out the definition being that their names are present. And they share the same last name!!! So they could be cousins yes, or brother and sister, or husband and wife!!! This is just one instance of many of the whole "figure out the word from a poor picture" approach. Exercises are poorly designed and presented.
The entire book feels like you are reading appendices, at least that is how it feels like it is presented. The website isn't very helpful either. Also, if you have "Quia" homework based off of this book good luck, the website is just as poorly designed as the book. At the end of the course we are allowed to write our thoughts and opinions on the course, teacher, and text book, and you better believe that I will direct them to the Amazon reviews for my thoughts and opinions! Too bad all the other kids in the class will just say they like the book to hurry up with the survey to get out of class earlier. Probably why we have been stuck with this book for so long anyway.
on February 6, 2007
This is the course book assigned by my college professor. I found the book to be disorganized, confusing and incomplete. Vocabulary words are often spread out throughout the chapter in odd places. The exercices will give you the question, but no sample answer so you can't understand the structure of the sentence you are supposed to be responding in. Often times they will provide you with a vocab word, but no translation beside it. You have to look it up in the back of the book or somehow manage to interpret the difference between a picture of an aunt and your sister.

If your instructor has assigned this book, you're better off getting another textbook to understand what this one is saying.
on March 20, 2011
I bought this book and the coordinating workbook for a class that I was taking. It worked well for me. Good format and provided different ways to learn the information. Definitely would recommend both.
on September 1, 2008
This book does NOT contain a book key. I returned one and the next one didnt have it either. The OLC passcode card is nothing either. The card says that "code is no longer necessary". Basically this is a like new book with no extra features. Buy used!
on October 22, 2007
I have found this to be a very helpful workbook to go with Que Tal text. The answers are in the back for self check. It incorporates the vocab of the chapter with the grammar covered.
on January 27, 2009
The format of the book is a bit confusing, but it's ok. Some of the lessons are incredibly easy, while others are really difficult! I guess that's to be expected.
on November 19, 2014
text book for class
on September 16, 2010
I purchased this book under the impression it had a book key for QUIA, required by my profesora.

It didn't have any book key... so now i have to return it. And just buy the one from the bookstore, like I should have done from the beginning.

Also UPS was a day late, and didn't leave the book as I requested by signing the "LEAVE PACKAGE" form left by the delivery man. I had to go pick it up myself because I'm never at home.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2011
The book ariived in time and we were pleased that they were still in good shape. I recommend getting these, since the original is pricey.
on September 28, 2009
The book was in very good condition. I was a little scared about what kind of quality a book purchased online would be but I was impressed.