Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Operations Management
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 19, 2010
I'm about half way through the book. I will update my review after I finish the book. For a highly quantitative subject matter like operations management, it reads like a history book. For the most part, if you can get through the explanation, you will understand the mechanics of the calculations. The chapters are dense with many concepts and functional formulas and calculations. It even goes into explanation of how to do calculations in excel. However, the book does jump around from topic to topic. You won't have a clear picture of what operations management really is from this book. You will walk away with fragments of knowledge. This book serves as an introduction to decision making, forecasting, etc.
on November 8, 2012
Got this because I didn't want to spend $160 on the new edition. Turns out that other than some chapter renumbering it's pretty much the exact same book. Even the end of chapter questions are the same. I recommend!
on August 27, 2009
This was my first reading of such a lengthy textbook that also incorporates principles of managerial accounting, finance, and economics along with project management. The course I was taking was only six weeks long, and I assure you that in-depth study and mastery of the material takes longer. It was a nice balance of theory and application in formula and calculation. I found the text well laid out and easy to follow in most areas, as the author does a superb job of keeping description and explanation as simple as possible. I heartily recommend this book for anyone serious about the study of operations management.
on January 13, 2011
I recently spent $80 for theOperations Management Kindle Edition of this book and it's really not ready for primetime. I don't know what the publisher did, but there is mis-aligned text and graphics, random characters through the text and misspelled words, and this is only in the first chapter. Did anyone QA this thing?
on February 20, 2015
I'm still reading other OM books to compare this one too, but I was having a hard time following the text in this book and it isn't very captivating. (My professor was an OM genius and everything he taught was fascinating. He made the topics come alive. Although, he didn't necessarily follow the order of the book. For instance, some chapters he used the book's PowerPoints, and for some chapters, like the one on forecasting, he used his own PowerPoint notes.)

Also, this book skipped topics and then came back to them, which I found rather annoying. I would rather the topics be explained entirely first versus bouncing around. Which brings me to this, a lot of times the author would say, "we'll cover this later/to be discussed later". Why bring up a topic to only say more about it later? That's a general pet peeve of mine for the textbooks that I've read that does this and so I have a negative bias already. These "to be discussed later" statements tend to be in quantitative books. I would think that there would be another (and better) way to present concepts in a more cohesive and creative manner, but I have never tried to articulate OM or accounting or finance or Econ on paper, so maybe this is the best that these authors can do when it comes to explaining quantitative concepts? Hm...
on June 15, 2012
I don't normally keep textbooks, but I really wanted to with this one. This book is a great all around guide for operations management. Past, present, and future concepts are discussed and it provides a great foundation for operations students at any level.
on July 7, 2013
Simple concepts are made complicated and impractical in 'Operations Mangement' by Stevenson. After giving up on trying to understand this book, I went to the public library and checked out a couple of OM books that helped me survive the class. Also, this is by far the heaviest book in my business program. Watch your back (literally).
on September 21, 2015
The course I was taking was 4 months long, and I assure you that in-depth study and mastery of the material takes longer. It was a nice balance of theory and application in formula and calculation. I found the text well laid out and easy to follow in most areas, as the author does a superb job of keeping description and explanation as simple as possible. I heartily recommend this book for anyone serious about the study of operations management.
on March 8, 2013
This is of course a textbook and it is a good one. One of the best things about this book is that it is published by McGraw/Hill Irwin and they have a great website that helps you with the book itself.
on August 12, 2014
Amazon's rental program saved me tons of money and will continue to use for future classes. As far as the book goes, I cannot too much about it because it is a normal college textbook. It is in great condition though. Got it in no time for my college course thanks to Amazon Prime!