Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on August 29, 2008
The material of the book itself is easy to understand, and the directions for the exercises are easy to follow.

If you're purchasing this book for at home use, you might need to know that the book does not include the source files needed to complete some of the exercises.

If you're purchasing this as a student, you will need to purchase an access code for SimNet separately if you happen to need that.
on April 15, 2008
I met Deborah Hinkle at a seminar that the publisher gave YEARS ago when '97 was out. She definitely knew her stuff then and knows it now! I am having to learn more about Word 2007, to be able to help online students at the college that I work. The book that is used with those students is AWFUL;it just discusses the skills, then puts them out there to do exercises. That's why I finally ordered Deborah Hinkle's book, because I knew that I would learn the little things that I needed to understand how to get around in 2007 even more.
I have taught from her books in the past, and they even helped me pass certification tests; IF YOU WANT TO PASS YOUR MOS CERTIFICATIONS TESTS, GET HER BOOKS!
on July 8, 2010
I say read the cover, because "OFFICE" covers Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point, which is a great start for several applications. However it is not as thorough as the individual books for each application. It only has 13 chapters for Word instead of the 25 chapters you will find in the book "WORD," and 11 chapters in the Excel portion instead of the 23 chapters you will find in the book "EXCEL". (I don't know about the other sections). So it just depends on how much you want to know about each application.

What they do have is the exact (as far as I can tell) lessons of the full individual versions, only just about half as much information in each application's section.

From using Deborah Hinkle's books in college classes, I think they are excellent learning tools. They take you through step by step, with lots of screen shots. Very user friendly.
on March 11, 2011
REquired as a textbook, but really a bad format. Its too big, too heavy to carry around and a difficult format to learn from. This learning should be all on screen so your eyes stay in one place. Very fatiguing to continuously avert your eyes from book to screen to book to screen.
I removed the spiral binding and hole punched the pages. I placed each section into its own binder so that it would fit in my bookbag and not weigh it down. I used a book holder to tilt it up for less eye strain.
It is useless once the class is over. It is a series of exercises which is fine, but makes it a poor reference tool with no usefulness after the fact.
on September 19, 2010
Microsoft Office 2007: A Professional Approach is very thorough and clear, with many pictures to show what to do.

Please note: if you have Microsoft 2010 as I do, you will see that some of the assignments in the textbook don't work. One of the biggest changes is that Microsoft 2007 had a print preview tab and 2010 does not have it. If anyone out there knows how to get a print preview tab on 2010, let us know!
on September 21, 2010
This was required for a required college class ... Some of the pages are very faintly printed and some of the instructions do not work - the computer tec. had problems and the instructor said there are better books available.
on October 4, 2009
This book is very tedious but so very helpful. I have used Microsoft products for years but never knew nearly as much about their products as what I have learned in the last month.
on November 2, 2010
This book has helped me so much. There are so many new features to this program that I needed to learn, and I wasn't able to figure them out on my own.
on January 12, 2013
This book was very good. It will help anyone who wishes to learn how to use this program. The price was excellent. Speedy delivery.
on August 27, 2011
love it, compact and inclusive! I gave it as a gift, wish I'd kept it.
soon I hope to purhcase another.