Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Economics 18th Edition (2009)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 9, 2012
Change a few words and call it a new revision so you can fleece the next batch of students who have to take a course that they don't even want.

Seriously! Does anyone really need to charge over $150 for a text book? It's no wonder why some people spend have their lives trying to pay off student loans (no thanks to greedy text book publishers and/or authors). Mine costed $173.38 and this was cheaper than buying it on campus at the book store. God bless Amazon.com, curse McConnell, Brue and Flynn.
on November 21, 2009
great explainations of materical and concepts. i would spend my days lost in his class until the day before the test i would read the chapter and all would be good.
on November 3, 2010
Being aware only of a version of this textbook which includes a cd-rom, I'd have wanted to know that this version does not include the extra media content on a cd-rom. Just a few words like "book only, no cd-rom" would have really helped me out.

Instead what the book includes is a link, where you can pay to access "premium content." It's not all that premium. It includes podcasts that won't play on my very standard classic iPod, videos that also won't play even though they are in what should be a working format; furthermore this content isn't especially well organized, and requires downloading individually off separate chapter pages. It's incredibly time-consuming to do this -- I must have spent 8 hours just trying to get the content organized and also operating, which ultimately did not even work. I'd rather have spent an extra $20 on the book -- okay, plus the extra 99 cents it might have cost them to press the cd-rom -- or honestly almost any amount, you idiots who decided not to include the cd-rom -- to have been spared the laborious and useless time spent, and to actually have USEFUL CONTENT to aid in my success in completing the course, and to aid in my success in LEARNING!

Bad on McGraw-Hill for any number of the above reasons, including inexcusably badly executed media output (I mean really, there are probably a hundred guys living in just a 1-mile radius from their headquarters in NYC who could have gotten the job done properly for a perfectly reasonable fee), and bad on McGraw-Hill probably also for the description that landed here in Amazon not being clear -- I'm sure that's a trickle down problem.

The book is also irritatingly boring (even for economics). It's also full of really small, thin, serif typefaces which are difficult for the overworked eyes of a student to have to contend with. I should think much better could be expected from a company that's been doing this for so long. Really, what the heck?
on January 22, 2013
The book I received was not as shown on-line. The book I received was International student edition and I do not recall this being mentioned on-line or I would not have purchased it.
on December 13, 2012
Good general textbook. Explains the concepts well and helped me do well in the class. I would liked to have more solutions in the back of the book.
on August 15, 2013
Good book authors gave detailed information complete with charts I would recommend it to fellow students. Best money I ever spent
on March 20, 2012
Was in very good condtion when i received it. I believe it was still in its original packing when i received it.
on January 28, 2014
not bad, just the cover is dirty and old, inside is fine. no page is lost, this is the book that l need.
on August 16, 2010
I received this book in a timely manner and it is still in great shape. Totally satisfied with this purchase.
on March 17, 2014
Ordered book with buy back option and after I used it and wanted to return it they were only offering me $2.00 for the buy back. Would have NEVER bought the book with that small of a return, I would have rented instead...!!!!