Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 3, 2005
I really have enjoyed using this book. It's a great overview of all elements in a mechanical design and the calculations necessary to make sure those elements do not fail under load.

The book is written in a way that makes it easy to use. Just the right blend of explanation, calculation, and Graphs are used to provide the user with an excellent resource for many years of engineering work. I love this book and find it very valuable to have in collection of mechanical engineering books.
on May 27, 2001
I bought this book to get the basics of machine design and I am very happy with it. It has the basic stuff that you need to design mechanical devices. It covers the material very thoroughly and it does not blow you away with advanced math. Highly recommended.
on January 12, 2011
I got this book for my mechatronics course dealing with how to design machines. The first few chapters were pretty darn good, starting with the basics and getting you to know some of the "trade secrets." started talking about the different types of stock you can buy, the different alloys and what they do, and then got right into the physics of it - will it hold up. The book cost me about $50 dollars less than from the bookstore and was in near-perfect condition. I received it within a matter of days. All and all a really great deal for me.
on March 16, 2014
not organized well at all. the examples are scattered all over the book and have no rhyme or rhythm. too bad its required for class. lol
on January 25, 2013
excellant book! great examples and problems and good discussion.

is there an official solution manual to go with it?

i would like to get one.
on September 24, 2012
Great Book helped me through my Design Machine Element class. I would definitely recommend this to anyone majoring in anything related to design.
on September 5, 2013
The book is in good conditions. I did not understand when I ordered that was coming without the CV as the original is.
on February 11, 2014
This was a pretty decent textbook, I was required to get it for one of my classes but it was very informational.
on August 26, 2015
Good book with very good examples, That helps engineers on the field.
on March 28, 2000
Before read this book my work at a company where i work used to be so slow. I've read other books but this is the best one for designers. Thank you Mr. Mott your book made my job actually profitable!
0Comment4 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse