Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 27, 1999
This book covers, in very good depth, the life cycle from youth through old age. Backed up by plenty of research and statistics, the look is more of one of cold hard fact than of heart, but this is helpful for those just entering gerontology. I was given this text by my supervisor upon entry into a senior residential facility, and I felt I certainly gained from it. Maybe not as handy to those well-read on the topic, but a very good basic guide and introduction. Recommended.
on May 19, 2003
Schaie and Willis provide a wonderfully rich, interdisciplinary overview of adult development and aging. Each chapter is chock full of information on the biological, psychological and physical effects of aging from young adulthood onward. Interesting statistics (that are updated for new editions) and tables are also included. I had to purchase the book for an undergraduate class on adult development; it was a great primer for understanding the changes we undergo as we age.
on August 8, 2008
This text provided very basic information on development and aging. The authors site their work several times throughout, but left out several other studies that should have been included. It may be good for undergrad level, but definitely not enough detail for grad students.
on August 12, 2013
It's a graduate level textbook. What can I say? I guess it was interesting enough for an A- in the class. The dealer was quick with the order and the buy back price was decent.
on December 15, 2012
points out helpful things to consider. great to hold in a counseling center or to lightly read and better understand people
on October 22, 2013
This book is really interesting. I'm taking the class online so it's a different learning experience. The topics are thought provoking and it would be good to have live discussions.
on November 22, 2011
This book is very informative and helped supplement the material being taught in class. I would recommend this book if wanting to learn about the elderly as well.
on December 9, 2012
This is good for everyone to understand the changing world with aging. People in the workforce, retirees, and college students should read this.
on March 24, 2014
The book was in excellent condition. I am extremely happy about my purchase.
I have nothing to complain about the book
on September 11, 2010
The textbook I ordered was received quickly, and it was in good condition as described by the seller.