Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on January 24, 2002
Last semester i had taken a visual arts course at my college, Artforms was the text that we use and that the school still uses. If you are wanting to familiarize yourself with past and modern works of art from all cultures then this is a complete introduction to the reasoning behind specific artforms. After reading it you will get an overall gist of what art was in societies before ours and how it continues to live on and how it is viewed in present day societies.
on July 15, 2011
The book was a required textbook for my art history class. The teacher approved use of older editions which he said were actually better versions since the information hadn't changed but the layout was better with the pictures provided next to the text rather than having to refer to the pictures from an appendix in the back of the book. The textbook was very well written and the pictures of the art very good quality. However, it was the book itself that deserved a lower rating because as I opened it up for the first time, the pages fell away from the spine as I turned from page to page. So now I am constantly trying to keep the individual pages from falling out of what has become a folder rather than the cover to a textbook. But I paid only 18 cents for the book plus around $8.00 for shipping and handling as compared to the $89.00 the book store wanted for a used copy of the same book. I still think I got a deal!
on October 30, 2009
this is a great text book. inside the book is nice with many many pictures! about 1-3 on each page. the reading is easy and each chapter is outlined by subjects such as Design elements, Style, Photography, Drawing, etc. it covers seemingly all there is to know about art in the last thousand years or so. it is not a full history book though. it mainly goes through the idea and reasons for art and design, things of that matter.

I got it for an art class and apparently the newer additions aren't to much different because my teacher said we could get 7th, 8th or 9th editions. just so you know...
this one is WAAAAYYY cheaper so I'd opt for it any day over the other two, which can be up to $150.
on October 17, 2000
This book deserves to be in any person's library. It tells you the different thecnics of painting, the differents colors, how they divide, how to recognize the paintings. If you are studiying art or just like it, you must get this book.
on November 26, 2010
I never ordered this way before and was a little nervous about it. The book came sooner then stated, which was great. The book came in the exact condition stated and i was very satisfied with this transaction. I would absolutely buy from this seller again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2013
I wasn't expecting a nice book since I knew beforehand it was used, but when I got this book in the mail there was minimal to no damage. The cd rom was still intact & there was a few folding of corner pages but other than that it seemed new to me.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse