Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 20, 2011
It's hard to find certain books geared toward medical professionals that is not written in lay terms. This book isn't the greatest I've seen but it's pretty good at providing the appropriate information at the level a medical professional would understand.
on April 24, 2013
During Medic school, this was in my opinion out best and most thorough textbook. Ties so many things together in a very concise and easy to understand way. I was livid when my copy was stolen during clinicals at the hospital. So glad I was able to find it here far cheaper than buying new again.

Well worth the money
on July 27, 2011
First of all sign up for NAMET membership its 50$ a year and you become elgible for scholarships. The courses are advanced and often difficult to find since many people aren't certified AMLS instructors. SO This text prepares you for the AMLS course a two day course which has a written and practical portion. If you feel weak in your medical take the course or read the book. Its VERY worthwhile and you will learn something. Everything from skin to neuro with bits of info that sheds new light onto things you thought or were taught. Read the book and you will see what I mean. Its a medical book and how many medical calls does EMS get called for? TOO many. The book is designed to widen your view and include more differential diagnosis. Also to perform better history SAMPLE taking and perceptive to more conditions ie clinical signs/symptoms. 5/5
on December 14, 2011
This is an excellent resource for those looking to go beyond the basics and enhance their understanding of the medical patient. Subject matter relates even beyond the medical calls. As a volunteer EMS provider, the day after reading about internal organs and referred pain, it helped to raise my index of suspicion of more serious injuries in a trauma patient.
The product arrived promptly and in very good condition.
on June 4, 2009
When I got the pre-test, it all looked foreign to me. After going through the book and then the class (as and EMT-Intermediate), I was so amazed to learn so much in such a short amount of time! I actually got Intructor Potential on the Final Exam. This is a great book that will not only help you learn more, but think in a totally new way of "Differential Dx". Once you start using what you have learned from the book, you'll be amazed to find out how accurate your own diagnosis is to that of the ER. Great book and highly recommend class as well!
on May 30, 2009
I am taking my first medic class and purchased the AMLS book for the AMLS cert. It is a very good book. It takes the big medical problems and goes into depth with each. It gets a bit long and drawn out on some things and a few things went over my head, but some good information
on December 1, 2013
I am a Family Nurse Practitioner in a rural clinic. Patients who should have called 911 often present to the clinic. This book gives me a resource to help treat them until we can get them to the ER.
on June 23, 2010
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETE AND PRACTICAL, GOES BEYOND THE LEVEL OF A MEDICAL TECHNICIAN AND GIVES MANY TIPS EVEN FOR THOSE PHYSICIANS WORKING IN PREHOSPITAL ENVIRONMENT AND EMERGENCY AREAS.
VINE VOICEon September 22, 2008
The course (which includes this book) was the best CME I have had in a LONG time -- which covers more than twenty years in EMS.
on October 12, 2014
got it for my brother. It is comprehensive.