Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 2, 2009
For students needing this textbook for a class that uses the MyFrenchLab, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BOOK! I bought this book new from Amazon specifically because it was advertised as the MyFrenchLab edition. However, I found that it does not provide an access code for logging onto the MyFrenchLab website. I will have to either purchase an access code on the Pearson website for $88 or get a new book at my university's bookstore for about $180. That puts the cost of the textbook at over $200, more than a new one would have cost at my university's overpriced bookstore!

While this textbook references the MyFrenchLab resources provided online, it is not a full package. You will have to purchase MyFrenchLab separately. I recommend either you buy this book used for a much lower price and buy the access code on the Pearson website or go ahead and buy it new. Don't get ripped off.
33 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2010
This book is great! However, be aware that this textbook requires ONLINE coursework! You need to purchase a separate membership through the publisher if the textbook you purchase online doesn't have the membership code included. I ended up getting a great deal on my textbook, compared to the campus bookstore price, only to find out in class that I needed to purchase the membership code, too. I ended up paying the same price for the book and the code together, that I would have paid at the campus bookstore in one purchase anyway.
on October 2, 2013
Apparently there is the 4th Edition, this one which is sold in my campus bookstore, and there is the 4th Edition with a bunch of extras including a code that you can use to access online resources. However, even if just using the printed book, there are some differences (titles, specific cultural content, etc.). Just so you know.
on July 23, 2012
Book is easy to follow with vocabulary at the end of each section. There are not many changes from the 3rd Edition. Different verbs and vocabulary are introduced in each lesson with exercises to work on in a class setting or as homework. This edition will cover several levels of French.
on February 25, 2016
very expensive book that I was required to purchase for french class. Unfortunately it did not come with supplemental C.D or booklet is was supposed to have so that put me behind a bit in class. Great book but way too expensive.
on September 16, 2014
Not sure if this is actually worth the 5 stars, but I bought this for my girlfriend who needed it for a French class she is taking this semester. It was cheaper than what the school was selling it for and I have gotten no complaints.
on February 4, 2016
Shipped quick, book is in good condition. My only small complaint is I know these texts (new) come with a companion disk, not the Pearson lab but a CD (some of the exercises even reference track numbers) and that wasn't included. Not even a big problem with the whole internet as a resource.
on October 23, 2015
The book is in decent condition but There is writing all over it. This would not usually be a problem for me but the writing is also inappropriate and has nothing to do with French. This book also did not come with MyFrenchLab Code so it's sort of useless.
on October 20, 2013
My daughter uses this book for her French class. It is a good book for learning how to speak the language. This book came on time and I wouldn't mind dealing with this seller again in the near future.
on October 14, 2014
I thought because it was new it would come with an access code but it didn't.