Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Handbook of Informatics for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals (4th Edition)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 18, 2000
I am currently studying Nursing Informatics in a Master's Certification Course. I loved this book! It was user friendly and covered a variety of topics. It was very easy to read and understand. Since this is a new specialty in Nursing, most of us are starting at ground zero. This is a great place to start!
on August 8, 2005
This is a very good book for an introductory course in Nursing Informatics. If you are already a nurse informaticist, you will find little new here, however.
on September 2, 2014
Good general information regarding health informatics although it is not the fifth edition, only the fourth. Bought it good used and it was all of that and more! Only paid 95 cents plus shipping for it, which was an excellent find! Thanks,
on April 22, 2013
I bought this book because it was required for one of my nursing classes. The book was in very good condition when it arrived. The content of the book is much to be desired. It was very dry and did not keep my attention. The topic of the book is, however, a difficult one to make sound 'fun' and unfortunately, this book did not capture it either.
on December 23, 2009
I bought the book because it is required for a class I am taking. It goes over basic computer information and goes into how to decide what system will work for your situation and how to train folks etc.
It is not leisure reading, but a good resource book. I;m only half way through it and I have not started the class yet. (I read ahead).
on October 17, 2007
I would recommend reading this on top of other nursing informatics books out there. Unfortunately for some beginners like myself (with no qualification) it's not very engaging and find it slightly too 'geeky' for me to understand. I would use it for quick reference but not something you use to study upon.
on April 5, 2010
This was required reading for a doctoral course. I have an interest in informatics; nevertheless, I found the book repetitive and uninteresting. Almost every chapter waxes on about the merits of forming committees to investigate choices, involving the end-point users etc. This only needs to be said once, not in every single chapter. The book could be a 1/3d of its size without all the repetition. There are better, more concise books on the topic, I'm sure.
on October 26, 2013
I needed this book for school because I prefer reading the actual book over reading it online. It was a quick shipment and came exactly as the description stated.
on November 17, 2010
This book was very helpful for two of my nursing informatics class. I bought the book to help me in passing the class with an A and it helped.
on December 20, 2012
my lecturer so in love with this book. she teaches word for word from the book, but most of all. nothing cannot beat the price