Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Problem Solving, Abstraction, and Design using C++ (6th Edition)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 11, 2014
This was my programming book for programming methodology at FGCU in fort myers florida. This book does a decent job of describing programming as if you where a complete beginner. For me I often skipped portions of it because they where very long and unenjoyable to read. Many times I would reference www.cplusplus.com for references to the language itself. It doesn't describe the try statement and exception handling. I think this book could be improved by creating a few examples of commonly made function such as making a function/method for checking for correct input. Also I would have like a more in depth description of the bisection algorithm. I always find it hard to teach myself and this book did a ok job of preparing me for my course and final exams but, I would rather use the website first before I turn to it.
on November 19, 2015
I had a hard time following this book. It probably didn't help that I had a bad professor and no programming experience. I would recommend this book to someone with further programming experience but for beginners you'll be lost!
on October 25, 2014
Not many textbooks for a course are something that will be a reasonable read. However, this book was actually quite good. It manages to be a textbook, while also NOT 'being a textbook'.

It's in no way a fantasy novel, but it's not something you'll be pulling your hair out as you flip each page. This book contains no noticeable fluff, and it describes the processes and syntax in a way that the reader will, in fact, learn to program, uninhibited by poor writing.
on March 24, 2014
I needed this book for a class on programming, and not like I thought a textbook on C++ would be exciting, but they could have made a few of the applications a little more interesting. It reads like a college textbook. The main problem is that I got the kindle version of it, which only allows me to download it so many times before it doesn't allow it anymore. I wasn't aware of this restriction, and the computer I originally downloaded this to crashed, when I reformatted, I wasn't able to download it again. Needless to say, I won't be downloading any more kindle versions. It's not worth the price reduction.
on October 8, 2013
It was really easy to read along with the text and understand the fundamentals in C++ programming, I would recommend
on August 21, 2014
All good
on October 2, 2014
It was a little more 'loved' than I expected, but all and all just what I needed. Shipping was a little slow, but it eventually arrived.
on February 17, 2014
I'd give it 5 stars but it smelled like peanut butter when I got it. It's weird. Other than that it's great.
on December 8, 2013
because i have purchased new as the site has advertised. However when i have received the book the front cover is bent so looks old.
on March 13, 2013
Shipped quick. Thanks. Hate the book though. You know there is a mistake in one of the very first codes? You can't define a word as all upper case then use it as lower later in the code.