Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on April 19, 2001
FOUNDATIONS OF AMERICAN EDUCATION provides an excellent basis for preprofessional instructors (students who are going to become teachers). The history and philosophy sections are not too involved with jargon to be useful to undergraduates. On the other hand, for those who have been away from teaching for a few years, for parents who want to find out what's going on, and for students who haven't previously examined education as history, this is a good start. The insets and anecdotes that are set apart from the main body of the text by boxes and underlining are somewhat confusing, but they also contain ideas that should be explored. The prose ranges from stilted to nicely-flowing.
on September 15, 2008
The text is relevant and useful for education students. It contains a variety of interesting sections designed to illuminate the intricacies of the field of education.
on October 18, 2009
The book is a continuous source of information for any teacher, or adult that just wants to get a start on the education system. Unfortunately, the real classrooms are not even close, as projected in the textbook. Where did our education in the schools go?
on January 9, 2010
Amazon,

I have received all books that I have ordered from you,to be in mint condition. I am pleased with all the services I have received and will be ordering from you again.

Evelyn Winston
on July 16, 2010
It's a pretty good book for a textbook. Focuses on the historical data and analysis of how American Education came to be as it is today; from it's roots as small unorganized Quaker schools in the new world.
on February 21, 2011
This book is a wealth of information and is a great resource. Great detail if you are looking for a historical reference book or textbook on the subject of education.
on July 17, 2013
The book was in okay condition, some pages were loose. I received it in a timely fashion and the service was outstanding. I am always looks for affordable books that are in good condition for class and this purchase was no different. I will forever shop Amazon when I am in need of other purchases. This is a great book at a great price.
on October 1, 2011
Not much to review. It's a decent text book, includes chapter summaries of each chapter for quick reference during class. Easy to find key words, good extra features and articles. A well written text book.
on March 9, 2013
loved having the hard copy of my text book for school... every college text book whether e-book or not should be available in hard copy... well done to the publishers of this text.... really helped me out...
on October 8, 2013
This book was exactly what I needed for this class. The class only lasted for 3 weeks, so I was glad that I received it on time. I have since added it to my professional collection of references.