Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on September 23, 2012
I am a special education teacher, and I also co-teach classes in computers for 12th graders in a girls' high school. I have been looking for an excellent text for Access to hone my skills, and have tried several different books, all of which were very disappointing. This text is the perfect answer to the person who wants a truly excellent way to learn more about Access. It is clear, comes with a CD with exercises that match the book, and is, in my opinion, the very best on the market. It is worth every single dollar that I spent on it! Do not bother with those other books that claim to make it easy for you to learn Access--it is a very complex database program and needs a truly special book to make it clear. Go! Access 2010 does it, and does it with tremendous expertise. There is no guessing, no confusion, no wondering if you are doing things right. Spend the money on it because it will save you from wasting lots more on other books that claim to be about Access for morons, and just do not do the job. Been there, done that. I have all the other books, and they were not worth the paper on which they were printed. This is for someone who wants to learn Access easily, correctly, and without confusion. You will not find it a disappointment.
on February 9, 2013
This book contains detailed explanation of MS Access usage. The book contains the basics of database and SQL language also. This book is necessary for study in classes or for self-study. Usually the teachers speak very fast and if during the explanation you change your attention even for 30 seconds, it is enough to lose thread of the story. This book can be used to study at home even without teacher. The book contains many assignments for training. The student can use this book as reference book also because it contains detailed index at the end. Special thanks to Amazon for fast shipping.
on November 14, 2013
This is a textbook and is set up as such (with provided CD and database). I needed it as an independent contractor trying to deal with an Access 2010 upgrade of my own database. It got better reviews than "For Dummies" which is why I got it -- it did answer my questions, but it took some hunting and figuring out. There is a lot in here I didn't need. Good index, though. It's also about an inch thick and HEAVY. Spiral binding makes it seem a little flimsy -- a bad combination with the weight and size of the book.
on July 7, 2014
Absolutely wonderful! If you want to learn about access, this is definetly the best book to help you learn. It provides wonderful explanations and examples with very learn pictures and instructions to walk you through anything you are struggling with! I have tried other books, and this is the most complete one that I have found and is the one that I think is most helpful! I would recommend this for anyone attempting to learn Access either on their own or with a class.
on April 3, 2012
This textbook was much less expensive than it would have been at my campus bookstore. It arrived earlier than expected, was in great condition and even included the companion disc, as well as the lab code, which would have cost me $65 alone. I highly recommend this seller and will use them whenever possible in the future.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2013
This book is set up for a class room environment where you progressively advance in complexity. As an old Access user, I found this book easy to read and follow steps. There's also the online suppliment available where you can watch videos and other resources to help you learn. You wouldn't need an instructor if you had some experience using the app but need to become more advanced using Access. I didn't even bother using the online resources, they're geared towards new users to computing.

As a reference, it's a keeper. In the work place some features don't get used frequently and having this book handy gave a quick refresher. Better yet you can share with a co-worker to help them out or pass on tasks. The breadth of material was quite broad. It stops short of advanced features like vba programming. The topics were include basic tables, queries, forms, and reports. It did present creating functions but you may need another book or reference to maximize it's functionality. Most of the projects are practical examples of how to use the program, some tweaking may be needed to convert to the workplace. For example, change the 'students' field to 'customers' and so on.

If you've never used Access before you may want to use the on-line resources. If you've used older versions (2007 and older), you should force yourself to do each project because it comes with options for steps. You'd be surprised how much easier some of the older functions can be done quicker. I was pleasantly surprised how improved Access has become over the years.
on June 6, 2014
The book came in used condition. It had no torn papers and I received the item in 2 days. A brand new book would've cost me $135.00 vs $25.00 for this book. I think this one is a winner..
on January 17, 2014
Exactly what I needed for my school work. The condition the book was in was like new. I love it.
on February 11, 2013
I checked quite a few books on the subject as I wanted to quickly understand Access 2010. I saw a review of this book in Amazon and decided to buy the same. I am really happy that I ordered it.
The book gives a step by step peek into Access. What I like most is the authors expect the reader to keep working on Access data bases as you go along. In the process at the end of Chapter 1 you have a thorough knowledge of the basics with which you can work.
Strongly recommend for anyone who wants to learn Access.
And as rightly pointed out by some other buyer, the book can be used as a Teaching material.
Thanks once again for the pleasure of understanding a new subject.
on June 13, 2013
Needed this textbook for an online Database management class I'm taking. The cost was significantly lower than the two local community college bookstores. Received a brand new textbook complete with CD unopened for a third of the cost a used copy would have cost me. Textbook is very complete and takes you step by step through each learning activity. Two main projects for each section and then multiple additional projects at the end of each chapter to reinforce what has been learned.