Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Anthropology: What Does It Mean to Be Human?
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 4, 2012
As an anthropology professor, this is my preferred textbook for a 4-field introductory course. Its academic sophistication, length, and comparatively low price merit serious consideration. I've written a full review--with links to content and commentaries--at my Living Anthropologically blog.
on June 25, 2012
This was my Anthropology 101 textbook. Usually I hate reading textbooks, but this wasn't so bad at all. It read very easily and quickly and covered the concepts in a very simple, direct way. I didn't have to spend hours reading the assigned chapter, and was usually able to read a chapter in about twenty minutes. I have a friend who read this book just for fun, which is quite the praise for a textbook.
on July 22, 2013
bought it for class... cures insomnia... was fine for what it was which was for a class that I needed to take to get my degree so in that regard it did an awesome job.
on April 25, 2014
I recommend this book to Anthropology students. It just does not have a good variety of words in the glossary.
on October 6, 2013
The book is well written, not too dry and definitely packs enough information in. The pictures are great and overall I can see why my professor picked this textbook to teach from.
on November 12, 2013
fantestic! just the cover is a little wrinkled. Not a big deal. Just great! and fast! You deserve this book!
on August 29, 2013
This item was exactly what I purchased it for, it was just what I needed for class. would buy again.
on November 30, 2015
For used, it's pretty beat up. Good thing I am only renting this book.
on November 30, 2014
its a good book. very insightful. I used it for anthropology 101
on March 7, 2015
This book did not help me!