Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on April 13, 2001
This fascinating book provides a current, thougth-provoking and deeply informative insight into the minds of childdren and how they develop in out modern-day society. I plan to use it in my curicculum this spring at my department of teaching, along with Genie:A Scientific Tragedy. The book is quite interesting, and it was a pleasure to read-I have already started making plans to contact the author to show my approval.
on January 16, 2016
I needed this textbook for a class, and I would actually argue that this could be beneficial to anyone trying to learn this information. It's comprehensive and doesn't have too much "lingo" or "jargon", so you don't have to be a child development professional in order to benefit from this book.
on April 4, 2014
As a senior in my last semester of undergrad degree, I've read my share of textbooks (and I'm one of those bizarre students who actually READS them, not just skims parts occasionally), and this one has been a joy to my jaded eyes! I know it's petty, but I like a textbook to have a bit of color; it just helps keep you awake, in my opinion. This book has lots of full color pictures as well as different font colors for headings etc. But one of my favorite features, is that it comes "pre-highlighted": important vocab is in blue, bold, and italics with its definition in black bold, and important concepts are put in the margin in a larger font in blue. It's also VERY well organized. Each chapter is divided into modules, and each module is organized by heading systems that make it really easy to find what you want again if you need to go back. Plus, there are little helps like thought questions and story vignettes; and each chapter ends with a summary and some practice questions, as well as a mini-index for page numbers for key terms from that chapter in particular.

More important than formatting (which is important in my opinion), the writing is clear and easy to follow, even fun at times. The writer uses a very casual, first-person style, which makes the whole experience more down-to-earth and accessible. True, I imagine there are more in-depth textbooks on this subject out there, but if you're just taking a survey/intro course like I am (one of my last electives, hoorah!), this is the perfect amount of depth. Enough to teach you a lot, but without being overly technical or bogged with excessive detail. If I wanted to go into extreme detail, I could have majored in this; to just learn the basics, this is perfect! I actually used this textbook as a "treat" in my studying repertoire, saving it for last after I covered my more tedious textbooks. I knew I could read this even if I was tired and still have good comprehension and attention levels, and I actually have really enjoyed the material. I even found myself reading portions that weren't assigned for my class, just because I found it interesting!
on June 24, 2012
Initially I was most impressed with my purchase because it was listed in "good" condition but was in fact in excellent condition. I was very pleased with the deal I got for this required textbook. That said, I have quite enjoyed using this text to learn more about a topic I find very interesting, as well. My one complaint, though, is that Kail sometimes goes above and beyond the concept of an example. Perhaps it is my own reading style or comprehension level, but when I need to read two chapters in short order, I find it unfortunate that I spend much of my time skimming through or skipping over lengthy analogies. Kail makes a lot of excellent points and can distill some big concepts into digestible portions, but I think a lot of the chapters could use some streamlining. Conversely, I also think there are intriguing subjects and tidbits I would have enjoyed further reading on.
But it's a textbook. It isn't perfect, but at least the majority of it is easily understood.
on December 29, 2013
Any college book under $20 is amazing no matter what they look like!! (am I right?!)
The one I bought had no page damage, just slight wear on the cover. This is my first time buying a book for school on Amazon and I couldn't be happier. I will be making future purchases on here for school and I say THANK YOU Amazon, for saving me a ton of money!
on April 12, 2016
Was a pretty cool book I needed for school. It was very easy to read and easy to find the topics that were currently being discussed in class. Overall, it was one of my favorite psychology courses that I took and thoroughly enjoyed the read.
on November 8, 2011
I loved this book for my childhood developement class. It was a really great textbook that went through all the stages of childhood. I plan to work with children someday so I know that I will be keeping this book for a long time!
on September 2, 2013
Perfect condition. It was brand new and sealed.
Prompt delivery as date stated.
This textbook is great because you can take to class only the chapters you need since it is loose-leaf.

Thanks!
on August 5, 2013
I had to read this book for one of my child development classes and it was a great help!! The book comes with a program in which you can create your own child. The program also has a study guide which is excellent for testing yourself! Loved this class and book!!!
on June 1, 2014
Since this was a textbook, I can just say that it is useful in class. Nice breakdown of all the theories of development from Piaget to Erikson. General information and nothing too in depth.