Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Theories of Personality: Understanding Persons (6th Edition)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 2, 2011
Having used this textbook for the undergraduate Personality course I taught for 1 semester, I could safely say it was very poorly written. The chapters are not organized to facilitate learning and some of the information contained therein was not necessary. The writing style is rather dull and as my students have told me numerous times, it failed to hold their interest. I should have reviewed it more carefully before choosing, but relied on others who had taught from it before me. Don't buy this - most other books on the market are better alternatives!
on June 9, 2013
Thee was originally a bit of a mix-up at the beginning before I got the textbook but after I got it I see why my instructor chose it for this course. It is very readable and easy to find specific parts of each chapter with the headings and the way it is put together. I have read at least half already and it is one of those many books you sometimes have to keep for your personal collection.....
on February 24, 2013
This book was a required book for a Psychology class that I am taking. I found it to be hard to follow because when studying certain people's theories the book would go off on tangents talking about ways to refute these same theories and all I needed to do was study the theory its self. There was a lot of back and forth material that made it a confusing read and made me more confused than was neceaasry.
on February 21, 2016
Basically a good explanation of why psychology has been dominated by male theorists and used against women since its inception. There is all of one female theorist in this book (and it's who you expect). All the rest are men. This is the most basic of books and it's full of a lot of fluff and little science. Ironically has a female author.
on August 18, 2015
The item received was in very bad shape.
1) Almost 50%of the pages come loose from the binder and are separated
2) There are dark coffee stains on some pages
3) Very heavily marked with dark highlighter
on January 11, 2012
I had a great professor as well, but I really learned a lot from the way the class and text was structured. The little biographies at the outset of each chapter were at first annoying, but it really put the theories covered in each chapter into context. I am actually keeping this book because i enjoyed it so much, and it's use for reference for many theorists is very useful imho.
on November 9, 2009
This book is horrible. It is boring and doesn't make interesting connections. It makes this material painful to read. I have another similar textbook on the same topic that is wonderful, so I know it's possible. Too bad!
on March 31, 2012
Out of all the psych classes I've had up to this point, this was the most boring textbook I've had to read. If you're taking personality psych, make sure your professor doesn't require this book.
on January 18, 2016
For anyone wondering, the international version is identical to the 6th edition standard blue cover with circle of hands and feet photograph. Saved me a good amount of money.
on January 13, 2015
This book provides a good overview of personality theories. It would be appropriate for graduate students who need a quick introduction or re-introduction to this information.