Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on June 7, 2000
In reading this novel entitled The Essential World of Psychology, I was pleased to find such a rich written work in its particular area of study. The author, Samuel E. Wood, has done an extraordinary job in portraying the fundamental elements of psychological study. He uses his knowledge of the field to demonstrate a true understanding and an effective teaching method to be taught to beginners and professionals alike. He covers definitional psychology and psychology on a personal level to create the perfect blend of teaching material. I was pleased to have read this book, specifically because it was used as the guidelines for my psychology class at the university I attend. This book is undoubtedly more than appropriate to be used to teach all college-level psychology courses.
on November 5, 2006
This is a decent psychology text book. The information is presented clearly. The chapter starts with a quick story about the information, then info is presented clearly, then a review, then study guide and practice test. Overall an excellent book.

The only problem is there are a series of practice test included in the back of the book and they would be very very helpful, but the answers are sold in a workbook that must be purchased separately.
on August 19, 2012
Stay away from the A la Carte edition!! The pages are loose leaf thin and tear super easy. Its a big book. I've had to use a ridiculous amount of paper reinforces. Save your time and money and just get the bound book.
on September 4, 2014
This is my absolute favorite psych book. I actually bought this book for fun, not for a class. This book is so cheap for what you will get. It is really informative and on a really good elementary level, great for beginners in the psych field, but also great for psych students further in their degrees as a book to refer back on. Great quality and great lessons.
on October 2, 2009
Just so that it is clear, this particual item does not come with the MyPsychLab Student Activation Code. After talking with Amazon and describing to them that it is mentioned in the write up (which is a simular write up as the Developmental Mathematics (7th Edition), but it came with the MyMathLab). Amazon informed me that I had to search for the Mastering the World of Psychology, Books a la Carte Plus MyPsychLab Pegasus (3rd Edition) or Mastering the World of Psychology Value Package (includes MyPsychLab with E-Book Student Access )

I have noticed in other reviews that people where unhappy due to poor used book condition, this is not the point of fact; this was a new purchase, and itshould explain clearly if does or does not come with the MyPsychLab Student Activation Code.

I also want to point out that this review has nothing to do with the content in the book it self, but how some things are described in the Amazon listing. College books are expensive enough with out having to deal with the right product or not. This has been my first (and better be my last) let down from Amazon direct itself. If it was from a store selling in Amazon that is one thing, it is another when it came from the bigs itself.
on December 17, 2013
I needed this for an introductory psychology course and it got the job done. I used it a grand total of two times. Aren't most textbooks kind of useless?
on December 4, 2011
THE BOOK WAS GOOD, I PASSED BECAUSE OF WHAT I LEARNED IN THE CLASS.

I PURCHASE THE BOOK FROM AMAZON AND GOT IT WITHIN A COUPLE DAYS OF MY ORDERING
on August 30, 2009
When I received my book, I discovered that it was NOT bound - the pages were loose, and the "back cover" was just a piece of cardboard to make packaging easier. I had to go to Walmart and buy a binder for it because my class was starting too soon to return it for another one. Not all copies of this book are unbound (almost no one else in my class had this problem). Just check the additional information, and if it doens't say anything, zoom in on the image. On the left hand side, in one of the yellow/orange bubbles, it will say "Your textbook unbound!" because apparently someone thought it would be cool.
on January 12, 2012
I ordered a new book from this seller, it came and I inquired as to why the receipt I received was for a used book, I got a reply stating that this was a typo. Once I began using the book however, I saw highlighter and writing in it: not excessive, but it was there. My problem is that you can't advertise a used book as new, 'like' new isn't new!! I am especially upset that I paid the price of a new book when even the receipt said it was used and should have been about $30 less expensive!
on January 27, 2010
I looked this book up by its name, and when it showed me the results I bought the book that you see pictured. When I got the book it was the wrong book. The book I got was supposed to be the third edition what I got was the second edition of the book so now I have an outdated book. When I tried to contact the seller they told me they list by isbn numbers and it does not matter what the picture or the text said. I was very dissapointed and I will never buy from this seller again!