Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 20, 2006
Basic, easy to read introduction to the state governemnt and politics. Provides a solid foundation to understanding the current state of politics and how we arrived at this point. Information is providing in interesting and relevant fashion, and is up-to-date with current politics (updated post-recall campaign).
on April 9, 2013
I too found it cheaper as a download, it's,a required textbook for my Political Science 1 class but I can say that it is a pretty easy read and the best part is that I don't have to lug another book around.
on March 30, 2015
I needed this book for my Political Science class. Easy to read book and its way cheaper here on Amazon than my school's bookstore. Its a great book to read whether its for class or for knowledge
on February 5, 2011
Having not grown up in California I was always a little in the dark as to how things operated in this State. However, when I picked this book up as part of a Political Science class I found myself much better off.

The book is short, which is really a good thing. Yeah, the author could have droned on about the minute detail of every aspect of California's government and political system, but she didn't. Rather, she laid out, in a concise fashion, an explanation of the governmental and political system in California that gives a person enough knowledge to understand what is going on around them and to make well informed decisions at the ballot box.

I would suggest this book for anyone who wants to be able to spend just a couple hours to understand the California system. This is also a great reference book to keep in the house.

You won't be disappointed.
on November 28, 2014
The information in this book is too brief for my Political Science class. I ended up answering my California Government exam only from my class notes.
on October 28, 2012
Good text for Poly Sci 1 in CA. And, a good professor helps too. This text is CURRANT and quick and to the point.
on October 11, 2014
the book arrived on time, excellent quality. perfect for intro to political science
on July 11, 2010
This book attempts to cover a very broad area in very few pages. As a result, it only hits the high spots of the high spots. The author, whose political experience is as a California Community College trustee, has written a book that is well suited as a text for an introductory survey class but is not very useful for a reader who is interested in the details of state government.
on April 22, 2015
Sorry for the bad review earlier. I posted the bad for the wrong book.
on September 25, 2014
OMG OMG I LOOOOVE my teacher. 10/10 would read. Don't fail me Klein.