Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rereading America, 8th Edition (Book & CD-ROM)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on September 29, 2012
Now that I have read numerous textbooks used in English 101 classes, I feel I can safely say that Rereading America is the best one out there. I was going to swtich to another book to use in my classes, but no other book was as good a spring board for students to write about. While some students loved it or hated it, the book provided a good jumping off point for students to write. One negative though is that the 6th edition is better than the 8th edition. It is longer and has slightly better essays.
on January 26, 2013
The book is made up of many different essays on a wide variety of topics. The best way to read it is in small group settings so you can discuss the material. Authors are from all generations past and present. I highly recommend. After my class I will be keeping this one on my personal library shelf.
on June 12, 2011
i had to buy this book for an english course in college, but i have to say i definitely fell in love with all the stories and articles in this book. definitely makes you think about things in a different way and makes you re-evaluate some of your beliefs. it's a great learning tool.
on September 29, 2012
I love this book. It contains quite a few classic works and offers a new spin on certain recent events. It comes with an online feature that I thought was kind of nice and could be useful to some people. The books not too thick and contains pretty decent quality pictures. I was glad to have bought this book instead of renting or buying used.
on January 21, 2013
The book "Rereading America" is great to learn how to read and write critically.
And then writing is the hardest part in the four skills in English, so this book can give a new
idea for writers how to use it.
on September 25, 2011
This was the correct item, my english 112 proffesor told us to buy this for the online assess code. But its already a month in class and she havent even use the code yet. But the price was reasonable, and i receieved it in 3 days, Thanks again
on July 1, 2015
Got this book for an English class, and thought I'd never read any chapters outside of what I'd be assigned for the class. I was pleasantly surprised to randomly open the pages to a few sections that were actually pretty interesting. It's very informative and for a college text, easy to read and understand. I was planning on reselling this book, but I think I'll keep it for my collection.
on October 30, 2013
This is a must have for people who are interested in the "good old days" (1950's) Was life better then, or just simpler?
Great book, easy to read.....highly recommend it.
on October 27, 2011
It's required for my composition class. it's entirely new and content is also interesting. I used to think buy a used one, however i found the new one is even cheaper. So i chose it.
on February 21, 2012
I actually like this book really much. The content is updated and current. I enjoyed reading through it and the issues covered can be used as good resource for many research topics.