Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 7, 2013
This anthology contains not only well selected pieces but very nicely written historic introductions to the sections of the text. Author information is also provided in a thoughtful and pertinent manner.
I actually selected this as a text for a literature course at the university level. The students found it to be very user friendly, and I found it to be one of the best texts I used in my forty year teaching career.
on December 4, 2010
This anthology is very useful in understanding at a glimpse what American literature is all about. It has enough variety to give one a sense of all types of American literature, past and present. One of the few textbooks I've actually enjoyed.
on September 22, 2013
This book is broken up into many many stories. The stories that I have read so far have been interesting, in a good way :)
on December 13, 2015
Great text to use as an anthology for a college American literature class. Great selection of classics within!
on February 25, 2015
Just what I needed,I bought this for a class and got it for a really good price too.
on November 2, 2014
Needed for a class - was in good condition
on March 14, 2013
Perfect collection of short stories. Contains all of the greats, as well as the underrated literary lions.
Definitely recommend this book.
on February 3, 2014
This is just an okay textbook. This was just a class that I HAD to take. Some of the stories are good but others are....interesting.
on August 21, 2011
I ordered this text book for my son for his college classes. He found the text book to be very useful.