Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 7, 2012
This is a good book for intro to Chemistry but the material is terribly explained. Everyone in my class was complaining about how bad this book is and it is just plain confusing. Not all the chapters were confusing but the majority were easy to understand.
on September 16, 2010
This book has great illustrations and appears to be very complete at first glance, but as you go through the book you will find many places where concepts are introduced but not really explained. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if this book were actually intended for liberal arts students, but it starts to get annoying when the book follows up the poor introduction of a concept with "self assessment" questions on things that were completely glossed over. To make matters worse, some teachers copy questions from the book.

I have found Khan Academy to be a fantastic supplement to this book, as the videos at Khan Academy follow the same sequence as this book and do a great job of filling in the blanks that the authors of this book seem to have left.

This isn't the worst chemistry book I've read, but it is far from the best.
on September 21, 2010
Nicely written general chemistry book with many interesting details. Good ideas include self-assesment tests, example problems with solutions, critical thinking excercies after each chapter, summaries and collaborative group projects. Has some flaws however, and the major one is the fact that four last chapters are online only, and require a registration to access. Paying such a sum for a book, I would prefer to get it to hand in whole.
on February 12, 2011
As someone who has taken several chemistry courses in the past and has a great foundation of chemistry concepts, I find this book to be a terrible choice for chemistry 'beginners'. I am taking a course strictly for credits and luckily, I am able to supplement the lack of conceptual information in this book with my previous knowledge on the subject. However, I feel sorry for those in my class who have no chemistry experience...they are totally confused with this text! The text skims over concepts, without truly delving into the hows and whys. Students feel the need to simply memorize instead of learning by assimilating and building on concepts. The assessment questions throughout the chapter may help to further explain information presented, but often touch on information not clearly covered by the text at all. Also, some answers to review questions are incorrect, causing even more confusion than just the text itself! I wish I had my old chemistry book back!
on November 28, 2015
Good book. One of the better textbooks I've ever had to read for a class. It's not super dry like most of them and it's got relevant information in it.
on January 10, 2014
Excellent book for chemistry class.. For a person who never did well/ in chemistry it made the subject interesting and the class goal attainable.
on October 2, 2013
Once I pressed the button to confirm this order I felt like it was immediately in my hands! The book was in excellent condition. Very satisfied!
on February 17, 2013
It was in really good shape, was the right book that I needed and was the first for the four or five I ordered. Also it was really cheap.
on September 22, 2014
General chemistry book. Very basic contents.
on January 1, 2016
its chemistry, the book was cheapest here!