Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: UI Design with Adobe Illustrator: Discover the ease and power of using Illustrator to design Web sites and apps
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 31, 2013
I had high hopes for this book as we find ourselves designing UIs for screens of varied resolutions. It seems like Illustrator would be the perfect program to step up and become a prominent tool for this - so long pixels and Photoshop! It may still do that, but this book won't help. It doesn't offer much in the way of using Illustrator specifically for UI design beyond what any junior designer already knows nor is it a great general intro to Illustrator. It seems thin on substance - like maybe it commissioned by Adobe on a tight deadline. Also, the examples are painfully uninspiring. I was investigating using this a textbook for a class I was teaching, but students' money would be better spent on a month subscription to any quality software and coding training service.
on June 13, 2013
The book is very helpful with UI design about 1/3 of the way into the book. I often found myself bored by the commentary of the author. I really just wanted to know good practices versus mistakes they had made. Just let me know what works and doesn't work and why it doesn't work. Money wasted when the main discovery of the book is that your web graphics from illustrator are blurry because your settings aren't right and your pixels don't line up perfectly. A few blog tutorials would have sufficed for the amount of information is present.

This book is great for beginners who do not know illustrator and want to learn website design.
on November 17, 2013
I bought this as a supplement to an Adobe Web Design course. I detest these books where the entire premise is linked to plodding through copying the author doing one design. I didn't find it of much use.
on March 20, 2013
Good detailed instructions on the use of Illustrator. It covers the basics of the program use, not about the principles of UI.
The only thing, I had problem using assets because of the older software version I have on my computer. But I learned many new things I have not know before.
on August 17, 2012
Thanks to Rick and his knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, it has quickly become my design tool of choice. From valuable insight into basic tools, to building complex workflows with high fidelity prototypes, this book will help you be more efficient with Illustrator. Highly recommended!
on April 22, 2014
Please excuse my ignorance, but I searched this book all over trying to find out what UI stood for, and couldn't find it. Yes, I'm ignorant, but books are supposed to be informative. I agree with other reviewers that the book seems to be tied to a pretty boring example.
on September 16, 2014