Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 3, 2011
I (much like most other male nursing students) am not focusing on pediatrics for my nursing career, so my block 3 curriculum with pediatrics was the only time i ever spent in a pediatric book/facility. This was a problem because i am precepting at a pediatric ED, and thus am quite intimidated by all of the knowledge i "dont" have.
I was hoping this small, pocket sized book could help solve that problem, and so far it has. It has pretty much any childhood disease that you are likely to see in a hospital/ED, that being said, i am now feeling much more confident in my disease processes and subsequent care.
But this if you want a foot up on your pediatric knowledge, its great.
on June 10, 2012
The only thing I would suggest is a way to label the disorders to make it easier to look up however I love this little book. I carry it to clinical every night. Give great information on about 130 more common pediatric diseases or conditions. Very helpful and I would definitely recommend to anyone in their pediatric rotation. I also use the book to learn about the diseases and conditions before a test. All nursing students buy lots of books some are helpful and some are not, however, this book was worth the money!!
on September 21, 2012
I purchased this book at the suggestion of our Pediatrics Clinical instructors, although we use a textbook by a different publisher/author. So far, it has served me well only a handful of times in clinical, but oh my, is this book sure handy for test taking. If you HATE searching through five million pages of a textbook trying to remember everything for a test, get this book or one like it.
PROS: It lines up Pathophysiology, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnostics, Treatment, and Nursing Care Management for you efficiently.
CONS: The section on normal-for-age vital signs is almost completely worthless in my opinion. Very few ranges are listed, and not all reportable vital signs are included.
on April 15, 2009
I plan on being a peds nurse and am really glad I bought this to go w/ the book. great for reviewing specific diseases before tests or the final.
on November 8, 2015
Very helpful and a must have as a nursing student for pediatric clinical if you want to keep yourself from stressing over trying to find all the details you need for post conference. I do wish it would provide some example NANDA's like my clinical med surge companion but other than that it has everything you need
on June 26, 2013
I bought this book for my pediatric nursing class. It has a lot of great information for how to care for young patients and info on conditions that children present with in the hospital.
on January 14, 2011
This book is easy to read. You will love this book as you work through your peds routation in nursing school. You may also consider purchasing the pocket book that will fit in your pocket during clinicals.
on January 30, 2010
This book is awesome to carry into the clinical setting. It was delivered earlier than anticipated and was in perfect condition.p
on May 10, 2013
this is a great book to have handy for resources and to remind you what needs to be done
would recommend it highly
on June 21, 2015
So helpful! It's all you need to know not just for clinical, but as a good refresher during your postgrad career!