Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 8, 2011
The text starts out nice and smooth, and matches end of chapter work to chapter material. Then, all hell breaks loose and you cannot understand a thing as early as chapter 3. Nothing in the reading matches or educates students on any of the end of chapter problems. I spent an entire term deciphering these clown's textbook which was so distracting and unnecessary that I felt cheated and conned by the authors and publisher. Not to mention, it's one of the most expensive textbooks you get buy. Teachers love any textbook. They have all the answers and have fancy little programs to make tests and quizzes for them. Most students hate it and it should be thrown out of our universities. Pray you get an instructor that recognizes this awful masterpiece and properly educates you in real-world Quantitative Methods. The Access card provides you nothing but more misery! It is no help and provides no programs or help worth a flip. There are computer programs available that assist in doing these problems. Everything is accomplished on a computer now days and we should be learning how to execute problems electronically as if we live and learn in 2011. My future employer is going to look at the way I solve their Quantatative issues in handwritten long-form and fire me thanks to this textbook. Thanks a lot for this disaster Cengage!!! :[
on October 9, 2013
Though we hardly used the book in class, I still found myself looking over the cases for reference. This book is not a hard to read rather it holds lots of useful information. It is a book worth keeping after graduation.
on June 15, 2012
Most unfriendly student book I have ever used. Lot of text, lack of examples, unclear instructions...and this is the 11th edition!

Feel free to Google the you-know-what out of any questions you may have; the questions have barely changed since the last 10 editions. Or just buy the teacher's edition.

My only hope to you is that your teacher offers some additional material to help you understand the subjects. Otherwise, just cross your fingers and MAYBE you can comprehend what these five "experts" are trying to convey, besides using their programs to figure out answers.
on October 19, 2012
This book is very confusing, as well as our professor
My senior high school textbook is more useful than this one
I won't recommend this textbook to anyone who want to learn quantitative method
or statistic(whatever
on June 14, 2009
I agree with many of the comments of frustration in the lower rated reviews, it could be a better book if...the website offered examples that could be worked; if the problems answered in Appendix G were worked out in detail so the information were easier to comprehend to improve understanding for testing and application in life; Since I purchased the book they now offer it in digital or e-book format and separate chapters also at [...] (this is a very large heavy book)

It should not be used as an undergraduate text unless advanced math and statistics courses were taken in the same year as a pre requisite, it covers very advanced and difficult material to comprehend at any level but could be a good book as a post graduate course under the aforementioned circumstances.

There is very little useful material online or in book stores, etc. that offer additional information about the subjects covered in this book to help learn the material so I can understand why this book was chosen. I hope the authors read these reviews and take the responses into consideration for their next version of this book "Quantitative Methods for Business" version 11e.

I am rating it as 3 stars now but I would add one star if the improvement was made to the next version.
on October 21, 2013
Great book! But access card doesn't work. It was used. Amazon cheated me.
David R. Anderson is my favorite author in quantitative methods for business and management science. I tried a lot of books but this is the best. It is written concise with great explanation. Great authors, great choice and not great Amazon service.
on May 22, 2013
The book is okay on teaching the material
At my school this book runs $350 new
CD is pretty much worthless unless your professor makes you use it

Buy used if you can without the CD, cus excel can do 99% of the stuff that cd does
on May 10, 2011
This textbook is 1 - very long. 2 - very convoluted. 3- Asks problems you cant find good examples of ANYWHERE. This honestly was a terrible book for the class. The chapters were way too long, and the information was badly explained. They make a lot of leaps assuming you will just automatically remember how to do the intermediate steps, when most people have taken their prior math courses years before. Their examples need to be way more detailed, and actually relevant to the problems at the end of each chapter. It would be very useful to have a solution manual for this course so you can see if you are doing the problems correctly, but I don't think they offer one. All they have are a few answers in the back which don't show you any of the intermediate steps or how they got there at all - its pretty useless if you're actually trying to use it to help you learn.
on February 25, 2014
The book is okay, however the printed access card is not that very helpful. Overall the book itself is in good condition upon delivery. The book came on time which is always great! I would recommend this book to students only if required by professor to work on homework problems.
on January 17, 2014
The access card was not provided with this rented book. If there was no card available with the rental, the company have sent a new book with the card as the rental or should remove the notation that the access card comes with the book.