Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Perfect Time for Pandas (Magic Tree House)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 12, 2013
Do you love the Magic Tree House book series? Well I do. Perfect Time for Pandas by Mary Pope Osborne is about two kids named Jack and Annie with their friend Teddy accidently cast a spell on Penny (a penguin) and turned him into stone. Jack and Annie are trying to find the last thing to turn Penny back into a penguin. Perfect Time for Pandas is the best book ever!

One reason that this book is the best book ever is because it has a riddle that Jack and Annie have to solve. The riddle is, it is a food that is as tough as wood and the color of sand. It is backed with love, and given to those who lost their land.

Another reason this book is the best book ever is because it can teach you about pandas which are an endangered species. If you're interested in endangered animals and want to learn more you can get the research guide. You can get way more information from it.

I recommend this book to first through fourth graders. So if you like fiction stories and also want to learn some facts, you should get Perfect Time for Pandas by Mary Pope Osborne.
on June 6, 2014
Time-traveling brother-and-sister team Jack and Annie of Frog Creek, PA, are ready for their next adventure. They have to find a certain kind of food—the fourth and final thing needed to save Merlin’s beloved penguin, Penny, who was accidentally turned to stone by their apprentice magician friend Teddy. It is “A healthy food, grainy and good, baked with love, tough as wood, round in shape, the color of sand, given to those who have lost their land.” Sounds easy enough.

The magic tree house whisks the two off to the village of Wolong in the mountains of southeast China, close to a world-famous panda reserve. At first, they visit all kinds of restaurants to find the food, but nothing fits the description. Then Annie really wants to see the panda reserve. However, they don’t know it, but they’ve arrived on the day of the historic Great Sichuan Earthquake on May 12, 2008. How will Jack and Annie survive when the giant quake strikes? Will they be able to rescue the pandas? Can they find the food? How will they ever get back to the tree house so that they can fulfill their quest to save Penny? And can you guess what the food is?

Most middle school age children will enjoy this fast-paced adventure filled with danger and mystery. Of course, those who object to magic in children’s literature will want to avoid the book as well as the whole series. There are a couple of common euphemisms (gosh, darn), an obligatory mention of “panda poop,” and a couple of references to the pandas’ existence for three million years, but nothing really offensive. For those who can work around these things, A Perfect Time for Pandas would make a great complement to a study of China, earthquakes, and/or, of course, pandas.
on December 5, 2013
We are a fan of the MTH series. We love all their books, and this one is no different. I love the way they throw true facts into each book, that I feel my kids are learning real facts while using their imagination.
on May 17, 2013
So very well written, and close to the actual facts. My child learned about China, pandas, and earthquakes in one book. We will purchase the fact tracker book that goes along with this one to learn more ;).
on December 6, 2012
My grandson and daughter both love this series. They have been reading them for the past two years, since he was 7 and she was 5. They never are too scary, and never fail to keep them glued to the pages through the end of the book.
on January 14, 2013
These books are fabulous! Start reading these to them when they're about 3 years which is when I started my granddaughter. She is now 7 yrs. old and absolutely adores these books. She now has everyone of them and never tires of these stories. They teach history in a very fun way. Highly recommend!!!
on November 27, 2012
I purchased this at the request of my 8 year old granddaughter. She is an avid reader and enjoys reading books by the author, Osborne. This is to be given as a Christmas gift. I gave it a five star rating because I received it so quickly and because of my purchasing experiences with Amazon.
on July 25, 2012
This book was my favorite Magic Tree House book because I love pandas and it was a good story. I' was glad when it came out,, and i can't wait for the next one!
on August 29, 2012
This is another terrific book in a terrific series. We began this as a read aloud series when my daughter (now 8) was young. She has now re-read many of the older books herself and is reading this one aloud to me!
on September 11, 2014
All of the Magic Tree House books are wonderful. My son started reading these last year in second grade and they were highly recommended by his teacher. Great story lines and kept my child's interest.