Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 2, 2013
This three volume version of the required text for my class is exactly what I needed. The book list told me to get the Norton Anthology of English Literature Volume One, but this version is exactly the same except it is separated into three books. It is organized by century, and I only needed the 16th Century, so it is nice that I don't have to lug around the whole anthology with me. Secondly, this version is significantly less expensive. I notice that all of the page numbers for my reading assignments still line up with this version of the book which is an added bonus! This book arrived quickly through the Amazon Prime shipping method. I would order from this seller again.
on November 3, 2013
I rented this book and I am thinking of just buying the book off of amazon. I need this book for my English career. So I strongly suggest anyone in the English degree to buy them. Not rent them.
on September 2, 2013
This book comes in one large book or in this package which is 3 smaller books. I'm so happy to have bought this package because the Professor requires us to bring the book to every class and it's quite large! Bringing one small book at a time is so much easier. The text is a bit small, but not too small to be difficult to read.

I know that I wouldn't have read these books if they weren't in my required reading because I'm more drawn to modern poetry and literature, but now I'm happy to have them in my library.
on June 20, 2013
Small words, but very well organized and easy to read. Sets the lit in the historical context very well. Watch for the computer code, it will not work from a used book, for the online supplement.
on October 5, 2014
A great collection of English literature. If you are an English major in college you will need it. The annotations were generally pretty helpful, especially for the texts that preserved the original Middle English.
on July 6, 2016
Actually enjoyed these textbooks. I bought them for my British liturature class and didn't need to use them as much since most of these poems are online. However, this book contains a good amount of all the top poetry/stories that really riched my mind.
on October 11, 2015
Beowulf was written as I remember it to be. Beyond that I have not much else to say about the book as I dropped the class after just 2 weeks.

This edition varies very little from the 8th edition that came before it.
on May 2, 2016
The questions seem to make this book sound like fiction book. It is more of a textbook as it's an anthology of historical English/British literature. I appreciate that the translations are mostly decipherable (some translations still leave a lot to interpret or to study in order to understand).
If I weren't a student needing it for a class, I would not be at all interested since Brit Lit does not pique my interest which also means I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone unless I knew they were a Brit Lit buff.
on July 13, 2016
I resent that I had to buy this for a mandatory class for my major. I feel like I'm being ripped off from professors sharing their real knowledge about literature because of some preconscribed program wherein I (as a student) am being bled for textbook $$. The pages are thinner than a motel bible, and the soft cover bends too easily in a backpack.
on December 28, 2014
Used this textbook for a British Lit class. I liked the historical context alongside the works, and the many different kinds of poetry. My favorite was Volume C in the anthology (the one with the 18th century). This is a very good price for an anthology, so rent if you can.