Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: American Politics Today (Third Full Edition)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 18, 2014
I agree with most that it is well organized, easily understood, and up to date.

I just caution potential readers that it is just slightly slanted. Imagine that from a book on politics right? In my humble opinion if someone depended on this book alone they might come to the conclusion that Americans are and only ever where caucasian and free. For example in Ch. 2 (page 30) it states that "most Americans owned small farms or worked as middle class artisans and craftsman." It goes on to say that there was "general economic equality". I felt that this statement completely and deliberately ignored the existence of impoverished slaves, indentured servants, and Native Americans.

I would caution any professor planning to use this book as their text to take a closer look.
on February 21, 2016
This was probably the best textbook I've ever had to buy. I actually rented it, which was really nice because its much cheaper and easy to return when the semester is over. The actual book though as really interesting for a textbook. Politics can be pretty dry but I actually enjoyed reading this book. They did a really great job of making politics interesting and understandable. An extra bonus! This brand gives free access to their website. You can take practice tests and such to study. Most textbooks charge extra for online resources like that.
on January 2, 2014
If you buy a product from this seller, make sure you double check everything you can. They sent me a book for one of my classess. Come to find out after the semester is over and i'm trying to resell the book that the ISBN doesn't match and it's some sort of international edition. Thanks for the $60 paperweight that nobody will buy back!
on August 28, 2013
I love how large the text and pictures are. Everything is in full color and clear to read. It's VERY up to date. It includes information on last year's election. I also really appreciate it's unbiased view. It makes for a great learning tool. May not even trade this one in, it's that good. Keep this book forever, and also grab Gender Race and Class in the United States. With those two books you can and will be a more rounded person and an informed citizen.
on January 14, 2014
In excellent condition, no pages appear to be missing. The loose-leaf does seem to have a drawback in that it's more fragile, so I'm going to need a binder with a very smooth ring connection. The holes are a little tight, and there's a definite possibility of it tearing where the binder's rings snap together. This is just as a caution to other buyers; I knew beforehand of this, and it's kinda unavoidable on the manufacturer's end, so I'm giving it four stars. Just be aware of the added fragility of loose-leaf editions when considering which book you're going to buy.
on September 15, 2015
It clearly states that it's available for Windows. Downloaded the app for my Surface because that's what I use for school and when I try to load the textbook it says "This title not available on Kindle for Windows 8.". So I spent $65.00 on a rental and I still need to go purchase the book from my schools library. Update your details!
on February 28, 2014
I ordered a hardcover copy and i ended up getting looses leafs instead and it was five dollars more than the hardcover copy at my school. also i had to buy a binder to put the loose leafs in and i waited like two weeks for the book. it was not worth it and i am sorry to say that i will not be recommending this website to my friends and i will take my business somewhere else.
on June 7, 2015
It was fine, no readability problems. I don't care for the book itself, but that is not the sellers problem. I received the book in a timely manner and that was important to me.
on February 25, 2014
I enjoyed this class very much, and this book was pretty good. It moved along well and did a good job at relaying the information without being overly complicated.
on February 24, 2013
This product arrived on time and met my expectations for what I was expecting to get. What else can a person ask for?