Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

79%
21%

on August 20, 2010
This anthology contains the best collection of modern and contemporary plays that you can find in a single volume. There are, of course, some plays that I would like to see added, but it must be kept in mind that these plays are almost all still under copyright. I am impressed that they were able to get the rights to so many great plays and offer them at such a low price.

The introductions for the plays and their authors are well written and informative. They present just the right amount of information for this sort of format. They are not too short, and they do not drone on. I had the pleasure of using this book in a senior level contemporary drama class taught by Dr. Stan Garner, one of the books three editors, at the University of Tennessee. I can say that he is an excellent professor who really knows his field, and though it may be irrelevant in this review, he is a really nice guy.

It would be nice to see the second part of Tony Kushner's Angels in America added in future editions. I also think Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard would be a good choice, I really can't complain.
on March 2, 2013
I had to buy this book for a Lit class I'm taking, but I'm glad I have it. It has plays like Fences, Glengarry Glen Ross, Death of A Salesman, A Streetcar Named Desire, Pygmalion and more. Every play is proceeded by an intro for the author. Great book for reference and goo anthology.
on April 13, 2013
I will not be selling back this book after the semester is over. I will keep it along with volume one. I will use them both many times in the future. They are great resources and the plays chosen are excellent!
on February 8, 2013
This tremendous volume was essential for a class I took last year at the Fashion Institute of Antology. The price was right and condition was satisfactory and it came in time, just when I needed it.
on March 17, 2013
Excellent anthology of plays with invaluable introductions for each, going over the evolution of the work as well as the authors. Highly recommend.
on March 12, 2013
Per my son's feedback, he has stated it is in very good condition and serving it's purpose for my son attending college.
on February 3, 2016
Easy read and a very interesting anthology! Must have for any literature student, never lose this book!
on November 3, 2015
This book was assigned for class reading. Had a difficult time though since the text size was so tiny.
on July 27, 2015
Rarely used it for class, a lot was free on line.
on May 27, 2015
worked well for college class