Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on August 4, 2013
I groaned when I saw this book (which was in addition to a very thick Vol 1), but it is filled with great stuff. If you are taking a 100-level college class in lit, the book provides a great over view. Take advantage of the info provided in the book's summaries of literary movements and their historical context, along with the author introductions/summaries (their writing styles and philosophies) when you're required to write an essay about a particular work, and you'll have what you need for a very basic lit course.
on August 4, 2014
This was purchased as a required school textbook, but it is a good anthology, covering literature on a truly global range. The commentaries on each selection are helpful. I would recommend for a world literature class.
on April 8, 2015
Purchased this book for my World Literature Class. This book is great. It's packed with stories from around the world translated to English. Anyone who is into reading would enjoy this book. It's filled also with a good biography of the author before their writing. There's also poems.
on January 16, 2015
A textbook rental for my wife. When I saw the contents, I seriously thought about paying the extra and keeping it. Amazon's textbook rental system is superb, and I would suggest it to anyone who has the odd desire to avoid paying huge prices for books they are likely to never read again.
on January 5, 2016
I used this for a world lit class and it served me well. I wouldn't buy it just to read for funsies, but as a required textbook it's not bad. There may also be graphic violence or sexual content in it, but that would vary by story.
on August 30, 2014
While I do have to read this for school, the book is pretty enjoyable. I like the fact that it is broken up into periods of time. It gives you context before each period so you understand what is going on. Another helpful thing is that before each work there are a few pages describing the life of the writer. Part of understanding literature is understanding the historical events that framed the work. This anthology does a wonderful job of that.
on March 14, 2011
There is perhaps an overemphasis on eastern culture in this volume. However, this could be seen as an attempt to balace our society's overemphasis on western culture and introduce us to something new. Overall it is full of great and valuable reads.
on January 26, 2016
Thought book itself is good mine came with a huge stain on the first pages and that was not in the description. But it is still usable just a little worse shape than I originally thought it would be in
on April 7, 2016
The book looks properly assembled and everything and there's nothing ripped out or torn. However I have missing pages that just didn't get put into the book somehow that I needed for midterms so hence the two stars.
on January 23, 2012
This book not only saved me over $30 since I didn't have to buy it at my university bookstore, even though it was "used" it appears to be in perfect condition! Not a scratch or bent corner or a highlight to be seen. As far as content goes, it has prime examples from literature all over the world at different time periods, as well as helpful author's notes that go a long way towards explaining unclear mechanisms of outdated writing. I needed it for a class, but I will definitely consider keeping it at the end of the year instead of selling it back.