Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Norton Anthology of American Literature (Eighth Edition) (Vol. E)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 29, 2013
Literature 1914 > 1945 isn't going to change from 7th to 8th or 9th into infinity! just can't beat a penny for the material regardless of the $3.99 shipping charge - sellers & Amazon got to make some $; they've earn it in this case.
Win - Win scenario here, for buyers, seller, and the middle man.
on September 29, 2015
I needed this book for a college level American Literature course. I was excited to take this course since I have been leaning towards and possibly majoring in some form of literature. The varying excerpts included in this anthology are wonderful, It covers from Native American's onward. I also appreciate that every author introduced is started with a personal history and background so you get a more full idea of where this writer was coming from and can better understand their point of view in writing.

My only critique is that the pages are thin and for an eager reader as myself it makes it a gentle process to flip pages. I also enjoy highlighting passages as my professor speaks and it bleeds through a bit too easily. Otherwise I am very please with this anthology!
on September 7, 2013
This is a required textbook for an American literature class I am taking. As always, Norton does an excellent job of setting the scene and putting the poems/prose into context. I look forward to reading Native American authors as well as learning from authors from other cultures that made America their home.
on May 2, 2016
Lots of great texts within this anthology, which also shows how the literary canon continues to grow. The book was also in exceptional shape for being used. The page corners were slightly bent, but it still looks almost new. I'm very satisfied with this purchase!
on May 20, 2014
My son needed this for a class. As for the quality of the inclusions in the anthology, I can't offer an opinion as I haven't looked at it yet. With regard to the quality of my seller, we had a seamless transaction with quick shipping and my son had the book in time for the class. Just what I wanted...thanks so much!
on September 24, 2013
I'm an English major. I also have the 7th edition of this book. My only qualm is that I have to buy a new book every time Norton updates the damn thing, but at least it's affordable through these guys.
on August 9, 2015
I would probably rate this book higher if I could actually read the font without reading glasses AND a 10x power magnifying glass! Large print for blind-ish people would be really great.
on November 26, 2012
Has a pretty decent selection of books. Would not recommend it if one already has a big literature book from somewhere else or access to one (like an intro to Lit. book for college, say in a college library).
on October 22, 2013
The book was exactly what was required for a class. The only one I could find in the university bookstore was a packet of two books, but I only required the one.
The condition was as described.
The price was amazing.
Thanks Amazon
on July 26, 2013
this book came earlier than expected and had minimal ware and note taking, very easy and simple transaction, I needed this book for a class so the quick delivery was an unexpected lifesaver.