Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 26, 2008
Compared to some anthropology textbooks this one is quite easy to read. It is a first edition so it has a couple minor errors, but nothing too bad. It also doesn't explain some of the contentious points of anthropology, which may confuse some who stumble upon them through research, but I guess that is inevitable for a beginning book.

Not bad overall, and far cheaper on amazon than through the university bookstore :)
on November 26, 2009
I purchased this book for a class I will take - the class hasn't started yet, but I'm on chapter 6 of the book - very interesting, well written book. The way the pages are set up makes the reader want to read every word.
on July 16, 2015
One of my favorite books, and classes. If you've taken Anthropology, it makes you see things in a whole different way. This book has a lot of good information, and if your class requires it, it's affordable, too. You don't have to invest too much on this. I'd definitely recommend it to Anthropology students, or anyone who's interested. It'll make you want to change your major.
on January 16, 2014
This book stated that it was in good condition. Although it is currently meeting the needs of my class the book in my opinion is not in good condition as it has many highlighted sentences in it. I find this to be very distracting when doing my own learning. The cover was in fair condition with folds and wrinkles and there were some pages torn. In my opinion the book should have been rated "fair condition" rather than "good condition" and been sold for a reduced cost than what I paid for it.
on March 12, 2014
I am using this text (renting it) for Physical Anthropology. It is well written, but I do like a written summary at the end which this does not have. It does, however, have a lot of good info that can be accessed via computer.
on March 31, 2014
I enjoyed this book a lot in my Human Evolution course last semester, however there was quite a bit of information that our professor provided us that was very important or at least good to know, but was not in this book. In the book's defense, this is a field that is rapidly growing right now. Still will definitely be holding onto it for a while though.
on January 31, 2014
The copy I got is super bent and folded and has a lot of tears in the front and back pages. They only started using this edition this semester, too. So there's really no reason it should be so messed up. The textbook is like double bound in cheap tape too. Also, only after I bought the thing, It said on the cover you can rent it. Which made me really upset. you should at least remove the damn rent label if you're making us pay $50+ for a torn up textbook.
on November 22, 2011
If you need this for school, don't worry - it's actually a good book. Lots of great information, followed up by relevant and worthwhile photos. I really benefited from the vocabulary words and the chapter reviews. If you're into anthropology at all, buy this new because you may decide to keep it on your bookshelf even after your course is over.
on August 12, 2014
One of the best textbooks I have ever been required to purchase. The writing is captivating, quickly breaking down complicated processes in ways that make it easily accessible to everyone who is interested in anthropology. The book is filled with helpful diagrams and beautiful images. I have recommended this book (and purchased extra copies) for friends to keep as coffee table reading. You will not regret this purchase even if it's not for a class.
on July 12, 2015
This book was somewhat useful , however it had writing notes all over the pages and the cover if the book is a little wornout pribably because so many people have had to use this book as well! But other than that , the book came at perfect timing.