on October 12, 2012
"The Art of Selling Yourself" is a book written by Adam Riccoboni and Daniel Callaghan of MBA & Company. It was originally published in the United Kingdom under the title "Buy Me!" in 2011. The content of the book is, as you might tell, about how to sell yourself in business situations such as interviews, ideas and public relations and how to sell yourself if you are an entrepreneur and needing to sell your concept to potential markets.

Riccoboni & Callaghan outline ten steps to take to sell yourself and the book contains exercises to complete to help you focus on your qualities and unique selling points. It takes you step by step from there to show you how to present yourself in a way that people want to buy you (your services, idea, or work with your company).

While some of this book is not ground breaking or new to this genre I did enjoy it quite a bit. I think everyone will get many takeaways and the book will help you develop confidence, show you how to network, show you how to have a conversation with someone in a way that you can better relate, get out of your comfort zone, and get up from setbacks and move on to the next sell. I also like the step by step format which makes this an easy read and helps you work on one concept at a time.

One of the most interesting parts for me are the case studies. Profiles of Sir Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, and Jeff Bezos were my favorites out of the the ten included in the book. You have an opportunity to see, in a few pages, how these business masters started out and see where they have come today.

I would recommend this book to anyone who needs to sell themselves in any area of their life but especially in business. From selling yourself to a potential employer to selling your project to an investor this book will show you how to begin and that is with yourself. I will have this on by bookshelf as a resource to continue to look back on.

Note: I received a copy of this book at no charge in exchange for my honest review.
on January 19, 2013
It isnt about selling or marketing, it is about who you are and how you influence others. It isnt only quid pro quo or exploiting weakness. It is about being well prepared in many different ways, emphathizing, going the extra mile, and many other concepts described in the book. I was introduced to the Minto Pyramid in this book. Sometimes, we have to resort to other techniques. But the book helped me with several insights that gives me a path to be my best at influencing by developing me.
on March 30, 2013
Very little of this helpful - found the thoughts to be rudimentary, not particularly wise nor inspirational. Don't waste your time.