Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 1, 2004
Do you take aspirin, Tylenol or Advil when you have a headache?

Well, this book is medicine for the spirit!

It is broken down into categories for easy reference. IE: Hope, anger, encouragement, faith and so on.

So many times we get "attacked" during the day... I pull out my book find the appropriate scriptures, say them out load (that's the key) and immediately feel the peace of God.
0Comment|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2004
When I first received this book, I was a little disappointed because it wasn't what I expected. It has turned out to be even better than I expected. This book has become my pocket reference for POWERFUL scriptures. I carried it one day to a business seminar, during one of the breaks my co-worker learned some disappointing news. I could see her spirit was down and she needed some encouragement. I started to quote some of the powerful scriptures on faith from the book. She asked to see the book, she read over the scriptures and began meditating on them. Her spirit quickly became uplifted.
The size of the book is perfect, you can discretly pull it out and look up a scripture for whatever you may be dealing with at the time. There are scriptures on, insecurity, patience, favor, wisdom, courage, and depression to name a few.
0Comment|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2005
This is a wonderful little book my husband and I are using to help encourage us in our walk with God. As we battle spiritually the enemy, this book helps give us practical verses to cling to from the Bible to help in our feelings so we can claim and SPEAK the Word of God outloud.

I like in the beginning of her book where she says the Bible is a double edged sword: one edge cuts the enemy and the other cuts open the blessings of heaven. What a neat illustration.

I'm finding in my daily walk those verses very helpful for the often tough situations I am in. It helps me in my faith. God bless Mrs. Meyer.
on April 3, 2005
Joyce Meyers has continued to show how much she truly is a child of the King by the fruit she continues to bear.This book was a page turner for me.I keep it with me and I also believe as Joyce does that we must confess these scriptures outloud instead of confessing what our circumstances are.I did as Joyce stated in the book and I compiled a confessions list.My life has not been the same since my discovery of such awesome truth.Joyce's continued obedience to do the things of God is such a blessing and inspiration to the body of Christ.If more people would take the truths in this book and apply them to their lives we would have so much more Victory in our lives.It is time for the body of Christ to get in agreement with God's word(not the world)As Joyce states in her book to confess them daily over our circumstances.We must be doers of the word not merely hearers only.(Romans 12:2).All I can say is....Devil look out!!!!!! Joyce is at it again.Thanks Joyce!!!!!
on January 5, 2006
I am a Christian and have been most of my life. I have read the Bible off and on but ever since I have picked up this book I have been encouraged to pick up the Bible much more often! I have had this book for 8 days and I am amazed at the changes in myself and my family because of reading the Word outloud. It's a great springboard to start reading the Bible if you've not seen changes before. I more than highly recommend it!
on January 11, 2007
This is not a read from front to back book. It is a wonderful reference that you can use to look up problems that you may be having and access God's Word about what he has proclaimed regarding the problem. Then you use those scriptures in prayer over the problems. They are powerful tools as well as healing and peace giving words from God. This is a MUST have book especially for people with high stress and multiple problems. It is also a MUST have for those who are helping people to understand God's heart. I have bought 7 already and can't seem to keep one full time for myself. Everyone I have given them to raved about them finding out keys of God's heart that they never knew or understanded before.
on March 10, 2007
Want to change your life? For the better? The purple book is small enough to take with you. When you need to do "battle", there are the scriptures or weapons ready and categorized for you. This book will help you change your life, all you need to do is what the cover says!
on May 12, 2006
This is an excellent resource; one of Joyce's best books. In understanding how much power God's Word possesses and also how much power we have in speaking His Word out loud, we become grounded and centered in the promises of the Lord. This book also helps to understand our role in our relationship with Him; read His Word, meditate on His Word, believe His Word, speak His Word, Obey His Word.
on January 8, 2007
Anyone who has experienced trying situations in their lives or have had others come to them for comfort will greatly appreciate this book. It's separated into catagories to make finding the "right" Bible verse quickly and easily. It's small enough to fit in a purse or briefcase for easy access. So far, I've ordered at least two of these books and have given both of them away to people who instantly fell in love with it. Maybe I can keep this last one I ordered!
on June 29, 2007
Awesome little book that fits in purse. Comes in handy when you just need some quick encouragement from God! This makes a great little gift as well for anyone. Just so delightful to have!