You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$11.92 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 5, 2012
Format: Hardcover
POWERFUL.. A Must Read For ANYONE Who Has Ever Felt As Though GOD Has Forgotten Them...AMAZING LIFE CHANGING BOOK!!! A Perfect Gift For All Occasions..
Format: Hardcover
"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;" -- 1 Corinthians 9:19 (NKJV)

Before commenting on the book, let me mention that I enjoy Ms. Comes's Bible-based teachings over the Internet on Wednesday nights from Lakewood Church. She is always well prepared, has an outline available, and brings a lot of joy to the teaching.

Whenever I read a book by someone who I have heard teach quite a bit, I'm always concerned that the book will simply repeat the teachings. I am always glad to find out that the book, instead, expands on the teachings and makes them more useful . . . the case with this book.

While I have often heard Ms. Comes refer to her birth injury, being injured by a package bomb, going through an unwanted divorce at a young age, and having trouble conceiving, I actually knew few of the details. This book clearly spells them out in a way that makes God's grace more apparent to me.

The book's theme is that circumstances and our reactions to the, can keep us from seeking what God wants for us. Ms. Comes explores that theme in terms of overcoming circumstances and reactions such as sudden setbacks, having flaws that are evident to all, depending on people who don't keep their promises, being distracted, having a broken heart, feeling afraid, experiencing disappointment, staying fixed on some bad event in your past, carrying an unappealing label, filing, feeling unable, and being ready to give up after feeling knocked down many times.

In most cases, she shares a personal story of a trial that she had that turned into a testimony or contributed to her ministry to others. As an underscore to that point, the most powerful of these lessons are the ones that contain the most vivid and challenging personal trials. It's impressive to think of one person overcoming all these trials to be upbeat and ministering to others. God is good!

There's a nice balance among testimonies, suggestions for how to overcome such trials, and Bible verses that explain what God has in mind for people in such circumstances.

I encourage you to buy, read, and refer to this book anytime you or anyone you know is in such a trial. This book will provide just what's needed.

As I mentally reviewed Pastor Joel Osteen's life, I could not help noticing how different this older sister's life has been from his in terms or trials and fruit from those trials. Her life feels much more like mine than his does. That's not a criticism. I'm just making the point that you may find her teaching will connect to you at a deeper level if you share any of the challenges that she has had.

May God bless you, your family, and all you do in the name of Jesus!
on January 5, 2012
Format: Hardcover
WOW! What a great book! You are going to love it! This is a delightful book written by Lisa Osteen Comes that is her personal story about her own life, her own struggles, her own fears and some of the crazy things that have happened to her. She even shares about a bomb blowing up in her lap while opening a package. BUT it is also a book about her dreams and her life showing you that you are made to be loved, to enjoy life, and to reach your destiny. Lisa challenges you that God wants to use you to do more than you thought possible. It is a great book for just reading and enjoying but it is also a book that you can go back and study and pray your way through some of it because it is full of life!

Lisa's book will set you free to dream, be yourself & know YOU ARE MADE FOR MORE. It is a Life Changer!
on January 3, 2012
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
This is one of the BEST books I've ever bought. Reading Lisa's book is like talking with an old, trusted friend over a cup of tea. Lisa is just like you and me. She has struggled with many trials in her life, but with the help of God, her strong faith, her family, and friends she has overcome them. You CAN too! In her book, she will give you the hope, encouragement, and tools you need to keep your faith intact when you are sent trials. After reading Lisa's book, you will know how much God loves you, how He has made you for more, you will have the hope and encouragement you need to face the ups and downs of life, and know that whatever happens in life God will always be by your side!

Trust me - you will LOVE this book! It will make you laugh, cry, want to share it with everyone you know who has ever faced a struggle in their life, and make you closer to God! After reading this book from cover to cover, you will close this book and think: "Wow! If God did all that for Lisa, then He CAN do the same for me!" And you know what? He Can and He Will! You just have to BELIEVE He Cares about you and has a good future for you, and REACH for the stars!
on February 14, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
I have been going through some medical issues in the past month and fear and depression were knocking at my door. I went to look for Joel Osteen's books for my Kindle and found this book by Lisa Comes. It's like she wrote it for me, just in the nick of time, ( it was very recently published). My spirits are being lifted and my health is improving. I am in a battle, but she has given me so much to hold on to by providing the message of God's unconditional love and healing power. My faith is growing. I have gifted this book to four friends and hope to soon be able to gift a few more. Our Lord is impressing me with names of those who need this message desperately. PLEASE, share this divine message with others who you know are hurting. Lisa, your crown of jewels waiting for you in heaven must be magnificent. Praise be to our LOrd.
on February 19, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Have you ever felt like you are not good enough? Has someone criticized you, and you believed it? Do you have a dream, but you don't feel qualified to make it happen? Try this book; it will change your life for the better. It worked for me!
on July 2, 2012
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
You Are Made for More is an inspiring book written by Lisa Osteen Comes. Lisa Osteen Comes is Joel Osteen's sister and she is also associate pastor at Lakewood Church. Her book covers twelve chapters to remind readers that they are made for more. The book revealed you are made a masterpiece, to hope, to live your dreams, to rise above other's expectations, to keep on, and so much more. We don't just have to live a less than life we can live an abundant life and run our own race!

Lisa Osteen Comes has had to practice endurance and she had to make a choice to never give up when life threw curve balls and challenges at her. When Lisa was born she couldn't walk or talk and the doctors placed a limit and a label on her life. They told her parents that she would never be able to walk or talk and that they would have to take care of her for the rest of their lives. They said she had cerebral palsy and they couldn't do anything to help her overcome the diagnosis. But God healed her and now she is a speaker and she walks perfectly fine now! Satan couldn't stop her from fulfilling her destiny. In her childhood, she had to choose to not dwell on negative words her classmates spoke over her. She was shinny and they called her Olive Oyl from Popeye. She started accepting the negative words and she started to believe them. The pain of those negative words led her into looking at who God has said she was. God has declared that she is blessed, gifted, loved, and so much more! But the magnificent news is that he says the same thing about you!

She had to deal with the pains of an unwanted divorce and she had to learn how to heal and recover. Discouragement threatened to escort her into a pit of depression and anxiety consumed her thoughts. She worried about being label as divorced and she thought people would reject her. She didn't understand why her ex-husband wanted a divorce. She ultimately saw that God restored her and she started encouraging others who were going through a divorce.

The book also enclosed breathtaking details about a mail bomb explosion that could have taken her life, how God led her new husband to her, and how they dealt with infertility.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with addictions, negative self-esteem issues, limits and words people have placed on you, going through a divorce, living a life of fear and worry, having trouble with forgiving others or yourself, healing from life's pains, in a pit of depression, and anyone who doesn't believe they can overcome and step into their destiny. The book is extremely helpful in guiding readers to believing the truth that God has an enormous plan and purpose for their life. Your life doesn't have to be filled with discouragement and limits. I have struggled with pessimistic thoughts and limits others have positioned on me and told me who I was supposed to be. I was told all kind of things that didn't uplift me and their words didn't line up what God said. This book has assisted me with the knowledge of relabeling myself with positive words from the Bible.

One of the stories that Lisa Osteen Comes included was a story about her friend, Damon. When Damon was a teenager his father left his mother and abandoned him. Damon decided to grab a gun and end his life. He pulled the gun trigger and the gun that was loaded with bullets wouldn't fire. His mother told him about how God caused the gun to not fire and she reminded Damon that he had an awesome future ahead of him. Others labeled him as a trouble maker and people said he would end up in prison. He almost became what he believed was in his future. One night he was involved in a shooting when people started fighting each other. He fired shots that hit two people. Cops were called and he fled the commotion. He prayed to God the he would spare him and he said he would serve him if he got out of this situation. Damon finally saw that he become what others stated him to be. He accepted the labels when he should have rejected them. God changed his life and redeemed him. He started to reach out to young teenagers and inmates and help them re-change their labels that were spoken over them. This story showed the importance of removing the negative labels and limits others have put on us. We can literally curse ourselves and let others define us or we can choose to believe what God says!

Lisa Osteen Comes has a way of teaching the principles of the word of God to let readers know they are made for more. This book was a huge encouragement for me to receive all that God has for me. This book is one that everyone should read to benefit from and learn about your amazing destiny and future that God has for you. I immensely enjoyed all of the scriptures and Bible stories that Lisa made to prove her point! This book has radically changed my perspective and had encouraged me to become everything I was made to be! I was made for more! You are made for more! Believe it and receive it!
Format: Hardcover
My Thoughts: I'm a huge fan of books by Lisa's brother, Joel Osteen, so I was eager to check out this fab read and I was NOT disappointed. She is just as inspirational and witty as her brother and manages to connect with you through her kind words and message of God's love. Lisa shares the trials she has overcome and it will touch your heart and remind that it is through our trials that we gain strength. The text is very conversational and easy to read and it's as if you're speaking with an old friend.

The book contains twelve well-versed chapters of challenges we've all had to face in our lives. Challenges such as dealing with disappointment, loss of hope, heartbreak and fear. Each beginning with "Finding More When... and ending with a beautifully versed prayers that looks almost like a certificate. The prayer can be signed and dated. I really liked the chapter titled "Finding Yourself in This Book: God is Making Me More." It's a place where you can write your reflections of the lessons from the previous chapters. A means of using the past or our current situation as a vehicle to transport us where God wants us to be. The book is a workbook of sorts and would be a wonderful basis for Bible study group for new believers or anyone going through a rough time or just feeling stagnant and needing a Biblical boost to refocus.

The scriptural references in the notes section tied directly with the chapter and served as a compass for further study and progress. Overall, a GREAT read.
on July 6, 2012
Format: Hardcover
This book is excellent! Mrs. Comes tells about tragic events that occurred in her life and in the lives of others and how believers can find peace with God's help. It covers fear, illness, depression, anxiety, disappointment, insecurities, guilt, hate, resentment....every emotion you can think of and how faith can help us through difficult times. I would recommend it for anyone.
on October 29, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
You are made for More is an encouraging, inspiring book. The author, Lisa Osteen Comes, shares her devastating divorce (not her choice), and how God helped her through the seven stages of grief. 1. Shock and denial, 2. Pain and guilt, 3.Anger and bargaining, 4. depression, reflection and loneliness,5. The upward turn,
6. Reconstruction and working through, and 7. Acceptance and hope. She encourages reaching out for help, not hiding. A good book for those going through loss.