Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 24, 2012
I got the Kindle addition thinking I could use my laptop, while using Excel on my desktop. You can not make out the charts, diagrams, illustrations in the E-Book.
This is not very helpful, when you are teaching yourself Excel. The hard copy would be better.
on February 5, 2012
Pros: comprehensive book, and for sure it has tons of info you would ever need.

Cons: 1: quite hard to read and you have to be really concentrated.

2: it mentions a lot of buttons' names throughout the book, but the name of a button is only differentiated from the rest of the text by giving it an uppercase letter, that is it. As a result, you have to be super super concentrated, and so it slows you down.(why not give it a box, an underline, or a tiny real-time snapshot).

3. There are even some errors for button names (I cannot believe it! Maybe the author's Excel 2010 is not the same as mine???). For example, this book says "click the Funciton Wizard button on the Formula bar...", but heck, my Excel 2010 shows "Insert Function", So go figure how that feels for a rookie.

4. There should be more exampels to illustrate how to use the programs, but this book reads very boring like a gigantic instruction manual.

I am new to learn Excel 2010, but know other job related softwares; and I think this book is not a great book for those who have no basic computer know-how.
on March 8, 2011
This book is great in that I've used for solutions and answers when in the process of using Excel. It has adequately shown me how to use Excel more effectively that I was able to before. I was going to take a course (for ~$100), but this is a better solution because it only gives me what I need at the time and not what I don't need!
on August 14, 2015
I was looking for an easy to follow book that could help me brush up on the basics of excel and also teach me some more advanced things. This book seems to have been designed for people who are already proficient in Excel. It is very complicated and if you have no experience using excel, this book will do you no good. A very misleading title for sure.
on March 9, 2012
I've used excel for 10 years or so, and what I've learned about it has been just what I needed to learn in order to perform data analysis as a portion of my job. Using this book as a self-teaching tool has given me a much firmer foundation in the program. I've also found it helpful as a resource on my desk to turn to in order to perform specific functions. (In fact, so have others in my office) Pleased with the purchase on both a personal and professional level.
on January 21, 2013
I actually thought my Excel skill level was intermediate. However,
compared to my co-workers, I feel like a beginner. So I purchased
this book to add to the skills I already have, since many employers
use this software and are looking for advanced users. And you can
never go wrong with these "Dummies" publications. I also have one
for Quickbooks, that I refer to at work. It is well worth the small investment.
on November 4, 2012
This book does not include very much information on graphing; that is, it does not include much at all on making graphs. If you need graphing, look elsewhere. The 20 word minimum is a pain.
on April 1, 2016
This certainly is what it claims to be. The problem is that I don't have the time to sit down and read it cover to cover and get frustrated trying to find what I'm trying to do on excel in the book so I've just been googling the particular task I need and it seems to be working just as well. In other words, if you have the time to sit down and read it's probably a great book, but for me right now as I'm trying to learn excel on a very limited schedule, the internet is working just as well.
on April 20, 2015
Good book, although like most Microsoft guides it gives you a couple different ways to do the same thing. I guess that's a program thing, but I would find it most useful if they just told me one way to do something.
on June 12, 2013
Who knew Excel could be 800 pages? There is allot this book covers that most people that use Excel never realized Excel's full potential and power. I always turn to Dummies books when I really want to understand and learn things. Excellent section on pivot tables which I use in my everyday job