Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Physics II For Dummies
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 22, 2012
This is the second of two Dummies books on physics. It is practical and useful on explaining the basics but not so elementary that it looses importance. You might have better books explaining the maths, but the simple but well written text is not mired with loads of mathematical proofs, but does have a nice mix.
on August 8, 2012
This book follows the usual "Dummies" format of the KISS principle: Keep It Simple Stupid. Easy reading with easy understanding. It is helpful to have the Physics I, first -- not a necessity, but very helpful.
on March 27, 2014
Very good overall -- I used it to translate my Calculus based Physics text book into English. Uses basic algebra and trig to cover 2nd half of a 2 semester physics course, although the order and organization of the topics may vary from school to school.

I didn't use the work books, so I can't gauge their quality nor the level of synergy between the book and the workbook.

Gripes: references material in book one that... is ... not in book one.
Would like a tear-out car for formulas like many of the other dummies books have.
on December 4, 2012
For those who studied physics long time ago, this book is very good to remind and recall what is Physics.
on March 15, 2013
While the concepts are explained a lot better, they go no where near as in depth as most textbooks, and really only touch the surface of a lot of things. Don't expect this thing to replace your textbook anytime soon.
on January 14, 2013
The first book got me an A in my college physics class. This book looks as thought it will get me another! I go to Florida State University....not exactly an easy school, so this does it's job!
on November 25, 2012
I am taking graduate level physics classes and I carry this book to class with me. When introduced to a new topic in class, I read this first and then proceed to build on it. It does a great job in building the foundation and putting complicated terms into everyday situations. The math is not complicated, simple trigonometry and algebra. Easy read. Perfect for beginners.
on May 6, 2015
This book was totally worth every penny spent. My professor was horrible this semester, and the textbook just made things even more confusing. This is a great way to have concepts literally dumbed down for you a bit, so that you can understand them. I wish I only bought this and not my actual textbook for the class! This helped me a lot, and without it, I don't know where my grade would be right now!
on April 13, 2013
Since our school thought it was a good idea to use Thomas A. Moore's Six Ideas That Shaped Physics, I have had no idea what is going on. This book definitely fills in the blanks and compensates for our Physic's teaching (or lack thereof).
on January 24, 2016
As someone who is weak in Physics, I used this book to study ahead before my Physics II course. The book is written in an entertaining style that is very clear. I highly recommend this for anyone taking Physics II or about to take Physics II.