Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on January 2, 2013
THIS BOOK MAY NOT INCLUDE THE WILEY PLUS CODE.

This is not a review of the book but a warning about the Wiley Plus Code. I haven't read the book yet because I needed to send it back since the Wiley plus code is required for my course.

This book was physically in fine condition but did not include the code. I called Amazon and the representative was not sure if the book should come with a code or not, but she gave me a prompt return. It doesn't make sense to me to buy this book new if you don't need the code.
22 comments8 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2013
We'll written helped in class, has good graphs and excellent diagrams. Would recommend buying from amazon cause it is cheaper.
on January 18, 2014
The 5 star rating is for the seller. My book arrived on time and in good condition, and I saved a ton of money over buying it through my school. This textbook, however, isn't great. I'm taking an online Chem class through my community college and the textbook presents the information in such a way that it is hard to make the necessary connections to really understand the material on your own. Each chapter gives you a whole bunch of information, but doesn't tell you the significance of it (or if it is significant) or how to relate it to other things you've learned. I am spending a lot of time watching videos on the material and even bought a "teach yourself chemistry" book to supplement this one. I've taken several other online courses and never had this issue with past textbooks.
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2015
I got this for my son, he is in his senior year and it's part of his curriculum on his AP Chemistry class. He likes it and has no problem with it, other that it is hard to navigate sometimes. If it was better organized it would get a 5 start in his opinion.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2012
This product came just as described in the description and nothing more. Do not expect the WileyPLUS code with it. Other than that, the textbook is great.
on October 29, 2015
Exactly as described.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2014
Got this for $25 used in excellent condition! Can't go wrong. The current price new is atrocious, and I bought it for only $8 more than the rental price. What a deal! Just what I needed for my general chem courses and MCAT studies.
on August 26, 2013
I had to buy this for Chemistry and instead of buying this new from my school for $180, I bought it used from Amazon. This is FANTASTIC condition and looks just like new, for a fraction of the price!
on October 5, 2013
There are much better chemistry books that explain concepts better. Furthermore, this book numbers problems 1.1, 1.2 up to 1.9, then 1.10, 1.11 which makes no sense and is just extra confusing.

I would recommend Prentice Hall Chemistry (which I also have) much more than this book.
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2013
First time ordering a text book for school by kindle. This was great! The pic quality was wonderful. It was just as a regular text.