Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Extraordinary Chemistry of Ordinary Things, Fourth Edition
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on February 12, 1999
I am a student majoring in education. This textbook is wonderful because the author uses ordinary household objects that are used daily instead of substances only the science geniuses have heard of. I would reccommend this book for professors who teach non-science majors because the ablilty to understand the information is incredible.
on November 11, 2009
This text is easily readable and interesting complete chemistry text that is not watered-down or oversimplified. I steered away from text books that were visually too busy. Mostly I wanted the facts in an interesting context. This book shows that chemistry is fun stuff to read about. I am using it with my son who is homeschooled.
on May 6, 2011
I do not like chemistry but had to take this course for a college level course.

The reason why I am giving this book five stars is because it helps the reader to develop an awareness of our planet, our resources and our environment while teaching the reader about the basics of chemistry. I cannot recall as I no longer own this book but in many if not all of the chapters the reader is educated on our dwindling resources and ideas are presented to help the student become more informed to conserve our planet's resources. Ideas are suggested to the reader on how to respect our planet more.

Aside from what was mentioned the chemistry lessons themselves were adequate and reasonably easy to understand. But I am weak in this area so I am not an expert on the matter.
on May 19, 2002
Most of all us lose the joy of curiousity that we all had as children as we become adults. A friend, the author, gave me and my wife this book as a gift. It is a wonderful publication; and it is a joy read. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to regain that youthful curiousity. It is possible. Whether you purchase the book for a class or for personal reading, it is a wonderful book.
on September 13, 2015
This book should be the "real" Chemistry Book for Dummies. All the examples are practical, everything is well (and slowoy) explained. A wonderful book that makes you love chemistry, and also help you to grasp all the important concepts, however hard tehey may be
on February 26, 2015
the price for it was the best but overall the book came in really good conditions.
on May 18, 2007
A very good book for anyone who is studying chemestry for highschool or university.
on February 22, 2011
This book came in a timely fashion, sooner than I expected even, and was exactly what it showed on the internet
on February 13, 2010
This is an excellent book for even non students. The item arrived quickly and was in excellent condition. I rate this seller at 10 out of 10.
on November 14, 2009
I received my book within the 3-5 shipping days. It is in great condition, and I got it for a great price.