Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Interior Design Illustrated 2nd Edition
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 11, 2014
This is an excellent resource book for anyone considering any form of remodeling. It is not so detailed that a lay person cannot easily peruse it but is technical enough to assure that one understands the link between form and function.
on October 24, 2008
I purchased this reference guide as I was preparing for my NCIDQ exam to become a licenensed designer. While there was pertinant information I wished that someone had reccomended that I purchase it as I entered into design school.

There are many useful on Human anthropometrics, the use of space and environmental systems. However, there isn't much information on the architectural aspects of interior design (nominal lumber sizes/ building products & materials etc.)

Francis Ching (or his editor) is very good at laying out his books so that design professionals can easily read through, or can use them to reference when looking for specific information.

A great addition the the library of Interior Designers and students.
on May 12, 2007
This book is a great book. no color pictures but only scetches. This book is about scale, orientation, symmetry, proportion, shape of objects and interiors etc etc. You get the idea. I recommend you buy this book.
on August 15, 2010
Why did I spend less than 10 minutes reviewing the contents of this book? I picked it up at the library to review as a potential purchase as a resource in my own collection. Immediately upon turning the pages, I realized that this book was not directed towards professionals who have experience in the field of architecture/interiors, but for students and recent graduates. It was easy to see that all of the information contained in the book was that which I had long ago learned through schooling and professional practice.

If you are a student, this will give you a great opportunity to get into the meat of the profession (specifically interiors), but if you've already accumulated some experience, this might be worth very little.

Why did I give it 3 stars? Because I believe that Ching's two other books ("Building Construction Illustrated" and "Building Codes Illustrated") are exceedingly more useful and valuable, regardless of your status (student or professional) and of your profession (interiors or architecture).
on June 20, 2010
I had to purchase this book for class and put it off as long as possible because I was told how expensive it was ($80), finally my mom told me to check out Amazon and when I did I found this for $12.39, it said it wasn't new, but when I got it and flipped through it - it looks brand new, maybe 2 or 3 marks in the whole book, and they were helpful ones!! Thank you so much, I got it just in time to read it before finals!!
on January 28, 2007
No regrets for having bought the book. Excellent illustrations, something you can refer to over and over again!
on August 29, 2015
Great book! I am teaching Space Planning and it is an excellent text book. Easy to understand illustrations and descriptions - love Francis Ching's books
on September 19, 2010
this book was a great help to me as I am studying interior design. I can recommend this book to anyone in the same position as me.
on February 16, 2009
I was very happy with the product i got it on time and it was in great shape.
on April 21, 2016