Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 29, 2008
Luis,
When you comment a book, your not supposed to write about your own personal problems. Your supposed to write about the book. Truthfully I dont care that you got slow shipment... you take that risk when you order from an independent seller. You didnt buy straight from Amazon or from your school, so stop complaining. Ive had many things shipped slow, but thats a risk I take to get a cheaper price. Keep your personal comments to yourself.

On a side note, this book was really easy to understand and had great exams for each type of problem! I hate Chemistry but I lucked out with a good teacher and a good book!

Good luck to all!!!
on June 20, 2010
This is a very basic chemistry book which is only useful if you have never taken a chemistry course in your life. I bought this book to help me review for the MCAT, but it is just way too simplistic. Each chapter is really short and covers the fundamentals of chemistry. There is no real depth to any topic. I ended up ordering Brown's chemistry text instead. If you want a very easy to read and simple book then this is okay. If you are looking for a real college text or even a real AP chemistry text then look elsewhere.
on May 17, 2009
The book is poorly edited and designed. Meaning there are several errors both material-wise and design-wise. For example, where it says "look at fig 2.1, (four measurements)" there are actually only 3. Also, you will find that the figures and diagrams are not on the same page as the explanations; instead there is useless verbiage. There are certain grammatical errors also for the grammar police. I know it is a science book not an English language one, but, still a book at this PRICE POINT should be precise and effective in presenting the subject matter.
There is a lot of unnecessary verbiage that can make anyone loose interest. The only good thing about this book is it starts everything from the very basic level.
I bought this book because my professor did not agree on using a previous edition. I am a very poor but an excellent student and take a look at the efficiency of every dollar I spend on, if you can avoid buying this text do it.
on February 21, 2011
I took this course quite some time ago with the aid of this book. I do recall having found errors in the text, but I'm pretty sure that's common of a lot of text books. Overall I would rate it average at best, but introductory college Chemistry isn't the most engrossing text to read.
on June 6, 2012
The book arrived in a timely manner, it was just like the seller describe brand new look with a little damage to the outside were a sticker had been removed off the front cover, got turn during transit. I never purchase used material always brought them brand new. Thank you and is looking forward into purchasing again.
on February 24, 2015
I love it
on September 25, 2011
For 3 dollars I was very impressed. It came on time and was sent the next day. I was very happy because of the quality of a 3 dollar book.
on October 9, 2009
The product (book) arrived in a very timely fashion and that was really the most important thing I was looking for. Thanks Amazon!!!
on February 12, 2012
Good book, cheap, and an older edition. I'm taking the class with this book, not the new one.

BLOW ME NEW EDITION!
on January 30, 2010
Got the book quick, it's in good condition. A little bit of writing and markings in the book but oh well.