Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 17, 2011
This a a text book I frequently go back and refer to for other classes. It is one I did not sell back.
on March 12, 2011
Lots of good ideas for working with children. Includes an especially helpful section on legal issues and ethics pertaining to children. Also some good discussions of various theories and how each would adapt to use with children.
on February 11, 2012
Well written, well organized. very good examples. I used during a master certificate in Psych./Family. I will definitely keep this book as a desk reference for practice.
on September 7, 2012
This book was assigned in a graduate course for counseling children. However, the book contains so much basic theory review that most of its pages waste the time of those who have already taken a general theory class. Also, the author's extreme political bias undermined her credibility and offended my sensibilities. This textbook left me looking for more balanced resources so I could learn something about the important topic of counseling children.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2014
Interesting and informative. Index could/should have been better. There were lots of things in the text but not listed in the index.
on March 2, 2014
I liked the straight forward manner this book is written in. The only drawback was that I could have used more information about how these therapies work with children of all ages.
on September 28, 2013
I have found this text to be useful. I like the chapter layouts. It is filled with useful counseling applications. Read this if you plan to work with children.
on April 4, 2013
This book is good in covering all the necessary in formation needed for understanding, not only counseling of children, but counseling in general.
on June 30, 2013
When I received this book the back binding was broken, it's practically falling apart. It's the first one I'm disappointed with.
on December 2, 2014
The way the book is written it doesn't flow. I didn't like how it was structured.