Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on November 10, 2013
As a result of the passing of the faculty member assigned to teach this class two weeks before the start of semester, I had little time to review and prepare for this course. Selected this book based on what seemed to be a focus on Supply Chain management and not operations or some other management area. Shared the book as well with department chair and he to selected this book due to limited time. Also reviewed the first couple videos that came with this book...and they were in sync with first two chapters. So I selected this book for two class sections of 300 level Supply Chain Management. As time went on I would learn, and the students too, the test bank is far too limited, the material after the first couple of chapters is not quality, the Power Point slides are incomplete, and the videos (after the first couple of chapters) had little association with their correlated chapters. This is the WORSE textbook and tool set for both instructors and students that I have ever experienced in all my years of being a college professor. If you see this book...run like fast and do whatever you can to get away from the book! I would not advise students to purchase this book for $10, let alone the amount that I believe students paid of $200 plus.
on July 10, 2012
This is easily the more boring textbook I have ever had to read. As one other reviewer pointed out, there are very few graphical illustrations of the concepts. Additionally, there is a noticeable lack of definitions. More often than not, the authors use various definitions from several companies. Also, I have found myself looking up quite a few definitions that were not included in the body of the text, although most are included in the glossary, which easily interrupts the flow when one needs to continually flip to the back to find out what "fill in the blank" even means. There also seems to be an overall lack of focus, which is becoming apparent in the course I am taking as the professor is teaching directly from the text. The most important information is barely touched, while the basic, simple ideas are repeated more times than necessary. For example, in the forecasting chapter, the formuals are essentially listed in rapid succession while the rest of the chapter is mostly filled with case studies that emphasize the importance of accurate forcasting. I don't have a choice in books for this particular class, but I will be looking for another book to supplement this information. At no point in my college career have I had to find an additional textbook as a result of the required text being so poorly written that it is practically incoherent. I am hoping that future editions will eliminate the filler, move the definitions to the body of the text, and clarify the more important points. This might be a better text for SCM majors, but SCM is a core class for all business majors at my school, so unfortunatly, I am stuck with it.
on October 2, 2012
I bought this book as the text for a course I'm taking on Supply Chain Management. As it was required AND class lectures were keyed to chapters and problems in the text. It was valuable, but, at best, gave a little information about a lot of SC (Supply Chain) topics. I would NOT plan any SC efforts based on the concepts developed in the book - just not specific or focused enough for everyday use. It was a reasonable survey of the field; I would use it to spot areas of potential interest and pursue through outside/additional sources. I read extensively in Theory of Constraints, Lean & Six Sigma. Compared to those disciplines, this book is shallow and ... very pricey.
on July 9, 2012
This book is printed in grey scale with very few pictures. Some chapters have graphs and charts with the need to do computations. I feel the instructions on how to do the calculations is lacking. Each chapter has a short summary with key words and chapter review questions. Overall it's a rather boring read. Each chapter is around 35 pages.
on March 14, 2015
As good as any textbook on supply chain management could possibly be. I earned A's and A-'s in every single course for four years in college; except in Supply Chain Management. I made a B-. I don't blame the author or the textbook or the school or the professor or myself. I blame the subject of supply chain management. There's got to be something more to life than understanding logistics. Tedious.
on January 11, 2012
On page 39, the definition of MRO states "maintenance, repair and operating supplies". The correct definition is "maintenance, repair and overhaul".
on November 24, 2013
I purchased the book for school. I rely on tuition reimbursement to pay for part of my education. The company that handles tuition reimbursement requires a receipt showing payment was made. Amazon will not provide a receipt showing payment was made. Amazon’s only response was to print the invoice which shows the balance due without payment. Don’t order text books from Amazon if you require a paid receipt.
on May 1, 2012
Good book, great condition, good timing on shipping. Exactly what I needed for my Supply Chain Management class. Only thing that would have been better is a lower price.
on December 15, 2014
Horrible textbook. I just used it for Supply Chain Management class and the examples given do not help with any homework assignments. There is a whole section on spreadsheet problems that instructors use for homework. There is absolutely no direction on Excel. Overall, just a horrible book.
on July 23, 2013
This is the book I ordered, was speedy delivery, they wrote me an email saying it is a couple of days late for shipment (which was not a big deal but it was huge to let me know), to me it seemed like a brand new book, and most of all it saved me a lot money.