Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Great Races, Incredible Places: 100+ Fantastic Runs Around the World
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 6, 2009
This is a wonderful guide for adventurous travelers as well as seasoned runners. I would also recommend it to the mental traveler who wants to enjoy good stories about interesting people who step out of their comfort zones.
on December 7, 2009
I've been enjoying reading this book. Even as a non-runner it's exciting to hear brief, unpretentious accounts of the world's grandest races. In fact, the non-pretentious tone is one of its most magnetic attributes paired with the ADD-friendly catigorical presentation of the races. This makes for digestible and clear, succinct, and intelligent observations (for all readers), helpful hints (for runners, and curious non-runners alike), points of interest (for all), factoids (all), mild wit and humor that shows a point of view (all), background (for non-runners, aspiring runners and newbies) and of course, etc. Puntillo scratched a particularly provocotive itch by including a relatively extended- in the way that a facebooker-dense culture does extended- six to seven page account of the Everest marathon; not a word wasted. I would have resented any less (and probably any more).
I didn't know what to expect, and I am impressed, but more importantly, not bored and I learned some enriching facts if for no other reason to improve my Jeopardy game. And that is important.
on August 23, 2009
Great Races, Incredible Places is a rich read. Puntillo inspires the reader, both mature and newbie runner, with descriptions and locations that are tangible; the spirit of running is complete on each page. Each story is an experience not only in great running adventures but also life illustrations. This book is a testimony of running's healthy and positive effect on the person as a whole and running as a lifestyle.
on August 21, 2009
I really enjoyed all the great information about the races and events. I especially was intrigued by the Verdi's Marathon listening to Opera while running and really want to make an attempt to run it one day.
on June 23, 2009
This is fun - runners jumped into the Antarctica waters after the race. Between this and walking over hot coals at the Tahiti Marathon, it's well worth reading!
on August 31, 2009
I especially like the "Spiritual Experiences" section which reminds us to keep our eyes and minds open!! Take in the sights while you're busy passing up your fellow runners!!
on July 1, 2009
If you love running and traveling, this is the book for you. Well written and great insight into each race. It makes you want to book your flight immediately.
on July 6, 2009
I quite enjoyed this book. Not much of a runner but do enjoyed all the adventure stories and a great read!
on August 18, 2009
I loved this book and I couldn't believe the Marathon du Medoc. crazy run! : )
on November 11, 2010
I never knew there were so many cool running and walking opportunities in intersting and unusual places. Thanks to the author for opening my eyes.