Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

67%
33%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 1, 2008
This book has almost no differences from the 8th edition other than it is an older edition. Larson covers virtually all topics in calculus with multiple approaches preparing students for success whether it's on the AP exam or taking a course in Calculus. The authors focus on concepts and not just calculations enabling a deeper understanding of calculus. As a teacher, I appreciate this author's work.
on April 17, 2013
Larson's Calculus book is a revelation. My colleagues and I have used it for years. It covers all the main topics (for both AB and BC Calc in high school, or first year Calc in college). It has all the major theorems, and tons of worked example problems.

But most important to me, the book has an extraordinary collection of beautiful, varied nuanced problems for each chapter. Most chapters have between 100 and 200 problems. These range from straightforward computational problems using the new techniques, to logical brain twisters examining theorems in depth, to an amazing collection of word problems and applications.
on March 1, 2013
This was the same book I used for AP Calculus AB in high school and now that I'm in college, I find it even more useful than the calculus book they recommended. There are plenty of problems in each section to help one practice without having to do the same problems over again. The writing is clear and precise. This book makes Calculus easier to learn.
on March 9, 2012
This book was fabulous! I can't believe how much the Matrix was revealed to me once I opened this book!! I felt like Neo going through all the derivatives, and calculations to find the areas of cylinders within spheres. OMG- I have to go- someone is chasing me!
on May 18, 2014
It was absolutely great. Used it years back.
And now the value is down making it perfect for anyone who wants to teach themselves Calculus to buy and learn it.
on April 19, 2016
Got exactly what the supplier told me I was getting.
on August 10, 2015
Very good experience.
on July 29, 2014
good
on July 20, 2014
good
on May 12, 2013
We had a leak in our car and needed a new book. This book was intact and a perfect replacement. Thank you!