Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Midnight on the Moon (Magic Tree House, No. 8)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

Midnight on the Moon is the fourth and final part of the four party "Mystery of the Magic Spell" storyline. Jack and Annie have been able to locate three of the four items needed to release their friend, Morgan le Fay from the spell she is under. In a bit of a departure from the fantasy and adventurous type settings, this time the Magic Tree House transports Jack and Annie onto a moonbase in the future. Jack and Annie find themselves hiding out from a man flying about and now have to figure out a way to get back to the moonbase before their air supply runs out.

Quite different than their early adventures this one helps to teach kids about gravity. Sal Murdocha once again provides marvelous illustrations for the story as it reachs it's climax. Good but different storyline.
on July 26, 2015
My teenage brother who has cerebral palsy adores the collection of magic treehouse books. They are just small enough for him to hold comfortably with his frail hands and the text is big enough for him to read without having difficulty. The content of this book is interesting for not only kids, but any person who loves adventure stories. For my brother who is confined to a wheelchair, these books are an escape out of reality, where he can feel normal. I would recommend these books for any disabled person based on the effect they have on my brother. Happy reading!
on August 13, 2005
I have an almost 5 year old who is very active but can easily be encouraged to sit and read any of these books. We also have 1-4 and 9 and 11 and have asked for more for birthdays and christmas. The books have structure as they begin and end in a similar fashion and the body of the text is interesting because the two children must figure out a riddle. The books also have occasional illustrations to help little ones having difficulty imagining the time and place of the books theme. My review is for all we have read so far. My husband and I both love the stories as well. It is so exciting to see our son get so excited about reading and to teach him the components of a book such as the table of contents and chapter numbers, identifying the author, etc.
on August 14, 1999
This book is really exciting because it must be fun to be on the moon. I love the Magic Treehouse Books because they take me on great adventures. This book is my favorite because it is really cool. I hope I will be able to go to the moon someday.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 16, 2012
O.K., so this book isn't "War and Peace". But it's cheerful; the siblings treat each other well; there's a touch of adventure, and it's a little sciencey, although in a very shallow way. There aren't any farts and boogers, faeries, or super dumbed down fantasy elements. The vocabulary is age appropriate and the length is good. If you don't like a moon visit, well maybe the next one will take place in Rome or the Amazon basin.

Of greatest importance, my grandkids love these books and read them like crazy. It's nice to walk into a bedroom when one's asleep and see one of the volumes, with a bookmark in it, on the bedside table.

So, while I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of them, (the formula can get a bit threadbare), these books certainly seem to have a place in a new reader's library.
on November 20, 2007
Did Mary Pope Osborne do any research before writing this book?

First of all, when Jack and Annie are inside the moon base, there is normal gravity. Then, when they let the air pressure out so they can go on a moon walk, the gravity gets weaker! GRAVITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AIR PRESSURE!

Secondly, while Jack and Annie are walking around on the moon's surface, an asteroid falls down from the sky and lands in front of them, blocking their way out of a valley.

Um.

An asteroid that size would have made a huge crater. We are talking megaton explosion. Jack and Annie should have been space dust.

I know, I know, what about my willing suspension of disbelief? These are books about a magic tree house where mice understand human speech and time travel is possible. But why couldn't they visit a more realistic version of the moon? Osborne could have looked up a few simple scientific facts, couldn't she?

I hate to think of little kids growing up thinking that gravity is caused by air pressure.
on June 5, 2016
The Magic Treehouse books are truly magic, my 8 year old son loves them and I can't keep up with ordering them. I have purchased 4 at a time and he reads them in days. They are great books and great for his imagination!
on August 27, 2015
A great series of books that engaged by reluctant reader. A nice blending of fiction and nonfiction. I donated a set to two different impoverished elementary schools on native american reservations in the USA.
on September 13, 2013
Very good story and use of the imagination. Both Jack and Annie travel through space and time and into a lunar moon base for astronauts. They both put on space suits and explore the grey surface of the moon, but for only two hours before their time runs out. On the surface of the moon they discover a moon man from the future, that assists them in identifying the missing fourth letter M, before Morgan Lee Fay is released from her spell.
on July 9, 2013
This is BOOK number 8 in the Magic Tree house series. We enjoyed having Peanut the Mouse along the way, but we're glad Jack and Annie could free Morgan LeFey from the spell in the end. We liked this book, as we have all the books in this series, and are looking forward to seeing what Jack, Annie, and Morgan have to teach us about dolphins in our next adventure. My daughter LOVES Jack, Annie, Morgan LeFey, and the Magic Tree house!