Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 31, 2004
This is an educational fiction book. It's about the earthquake in California in 1906. Jack and Annie need to save Camelot. They are destined to find the fourth special kind of writing to put in their collection of things to cheer up the king of Camelot. If you have a 1st-3rd grade reader, this book is on target for them. These books come in amusing fiction and in enlightening research guides.
on July 27, 2001
I like this book because I lived close to San Francisco, and I've been there. I like reading about history in books, and I really like the Magic Tree House books because they travel to so many different places and times.
on October 5, 2014
I had to read this book, because I love studying about the 1906 earthquake in San Fransisco. The story includes many stable facts about the true event, and brings to life the tragedy in a way that a textbook cannot (for young readers). I thoroughly enjoyed it myself!
on January 26, 2004
Have you ever been in an earthquake? That's what happens in Earthquake in the Early Morning by Mary Pope Osborne. The book is about Jack and Annie going to San Francisco but there was an earthquake! I like this book because it has a lot of adventure. My favorite part is when the earthquake starts. Find out what happens to Jack and Annie.
on November 11, 2001
This book is the best in the series, but I can't wait until "Christmas In Camelot". But still, this book was tremendously good. Why it was good was because of what happened in the end. Also, it's a cool idea to have Mary Pope Osborne (Aunt Mary, as said in the story) and her two sons, Andrew and Peter, with her. I just think that there's nothing like it. There are some really neat parts at the end, as well, like visiting Morgan's library. Well, this book was the best and I'm not telling you anymore. It's too good to spoil, except I can tell you that this is such a great learning book it could be a documentary movie. This is undoubtley one of Mrs. Osborne's best, and it will be your best, too. Highly reccomended for any Magic Tree House fan. Enjoy!!!!!!!
on May 8, 2002
Earthquake in the Early Morning
By: Mary Pope Osborne
Have you wondered what it would be like to be in one of the biggest earthquakes in the world? This book is about two kids named Annie and Jack. They go back in time to 1906.The kids have to find something to lend, because they have to save Camelot.
You can picture when the city gets on fire in California, because the story says, "The fires raged for three days, nearly destroying all of San Francisco. Over 28,000 buildings burned down."
The author of this story teaches you to always be prepared.
I like this book because it has adventures.
Read this book to find out what happens at the end. Will Annie & Jack get back to the treehouse & save Camelot?
on February 20, 2015
Similar to the other Magic Tree House books. Not particularly well written, but my 6 year old finds them engaging and entertaining. She loves to read about Jack and Annie, and it's nice that she gets a little history lesson when she does.
on May 25, 2016
In Earthquake in the Early Morning by Mary Pope Osbourne they are in Morgan’s library meeting the king. The king says, “Children can’t help.” But Annie says, “Sometimes kids can’t help.” Annie says we helped a general and the wounded soldiers. We helped people in an earthquake and a twister. I give this book 5 stars. I would recommend this book because it’s awesome and you should read it because they were saving people from an earthquake! -K
on January 20, 2015
The Magic Tree House books are a MUST READ collection for all children. Unlike many other series for young readers, the Magic Tree House should be read in chronological order to best appreciate Jack and Annie's travels through time as they go on various missions; which are typically completed in four parts. Parents and educators will enjoy going along for the ride as much as their students! My daughter is a teenager now but she still gets excited when she sees a new tree house adventure has come out.
on December 19, 2005
I like this book because it is interesting.

It keeps you wondering whats going to happen next.

It is also very funny.

So you might want to read this book.