Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

75%
25%
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 18, 2009
This book is clearly NOT for everyone. It is not in the typical textbook format and seems to be a much more concise version of what could be a very difficult textbook. I find it an "easy read" (for a text) and love the use of actual experimentation to explain why certain conclusions were made. Past books I've had for classes tell you what something is, but don't always go into the details of how those conclusions were made.

My roommate, however, hates this book. She thinks it reads too much like a narrative and too little like a graduate-level textbook.

Basic overview: If you like textbooks that flow well and give background, this book is for you. If you prefer the traditional text with bulleted points that really just tell you what something is without the background, don't bother with this.
on February 1, 2011
I used this book together with Lewin's Genes X in class. Figures and tables in the book are described in detail and are in a nice layout, too. They help a lot when you do not quite understand a specific mechanism or procedure only by reading a long paragrah of introduction.
on February 17, 2013
It gives very easily understood definitions of genetic mechanisms. It is readable and I learn a lot from it. I like it much better than some other science books I have had to read
on February 18, 2016
It met my requirement for the course.
on February 28, 2016
nice book
on October 22, 2012
This product was good for its intended purpose of use in a college class. I would recommend it since it is light-weight and easy to carry. :)
on January 9, 2016
I ordered my book and received at exactly when i expected it. It looks brand new.
on December 22, 2015